Best binder/portfolio for storage and viewing?

Looking to buy a binder/portfolio to store my sets in, nice cards, and upgrade my falling apart childhood 3ring binder.

Any suggestions on the best quality and longest lasting binders?

Ive read reviews on amazon on ultra pro premium and Top deck pro binders but some of the reviews are saying they bend the cards on the first few pages due to poor quality. And black sewn plastic pages rip if used too much.
Would love a binder that wont risk bending cards or pages ripping from flipping through pages!
Any help would be great thanks!

Have used both ultra pro premium pro binder 9 pocket (360 cards) and the top deck 16 pocket (1,024 cards). Both are solid options

4 Likes

Personally, I use the Ultra Pro Premium Binder that holds 480 cards. I haven’t had any issues. If not that binder, I would suggest going with side-loading binders. Top-loading binders lead to dust getting into the inside of the pockets. Hope this helps

1 Like

I use the ultra pro premium pro binders with 360 cards. By far the nicest I’ve used.
Make sure to not get the pro binders and premium pro binders mixed up though. They are different

2 Likes

For 480 cards I have the Ultra Pro Premium (black) and dex protection (red).ibb.co/mJSvSJ4
For 360 cards I use Vault X.ibb.co/30DmS2L
All of the cards are double sleeved with KMC perfect fit and then sleeved in Ultra Pro penny sleeves. This keeps them relatively snug and in place instead of shifting around when moving the binders.

2 Likes

Ok great thanks guys!

I use the Vault X Premium eXo-Tec Zip Binder. I have both the 9 pocket and the 12 pocket and I feel they are really high quality binders. For now I just use clear penny sleeves and then slot the cards in the binders.

Cheers!

2 Likes

palms off gaming- great group of people :blush:

1 Like

My favorite are dex protection binders

3 Likes

Personally am a fan of the Ultra Pro Deck Builder Premium binders. Nice zippers and well made overall. A bit pricey, but feels worth it to me. I usually buy the 12 pocket ones.

Brands aside. The must is side loading with material between.

You can buy these either already integrated into the binder or as loose sheets for ring binders.

Second to that, I’d recommend Tight Fit sleeves and then even double sleeve (in something like Dragon shield) for main cards.

Penny sleeves can work but also can be too big / loose in some binder pages.

I’m not a huge binder collector but have done above for some sets. Non-holos I have been lazy and put them unsleeved unless they are a rarer promo for example.

My master sets are all stored in Vault X Premium eXo-Tec Zip Binders, their side loading, zippered, and you got a nice hard covered exterior that protects everything inside. Plus they come in different sizes and multiple colors so plenty of room for variations.

I like to sleeve every card (yes, probably a bit over the top), but I’d recommend at least holos and above! then I double sleeve any cards that are ultra rares and above for more modern sets. I use KMC Perfect Size Sleeves and Dragon Shield Sleeves: Matte Slate (Silver is my preference)

1 Like

The only binders I use are Dex 9 straps. Huge fan

I really like the dragon shield codex line binders!
They fit perfectly with dragon shield sleeves, I’ve got the 9 pocket binder and a 4 pocket version.

1 Like

Seconding the many mentions of the Ultra Pro Premium Binders, they’re really great - they feel and look nice, are secure (many of them have a zipper around the binder), and can hold a bunch of cards. Most of them are sideloaders, though - not sure if that’s a make it or break it thing for you, OP.

I also use the Codex binders. They have a really premium, sturdy feel. They also have one feature I haven’t found on any other binder - there is enough slack between where the page connects to the spine and where the first row of pockets begins. This allows the first and last few pages to actually lay flat (or nearly flat) when full. Every other binder I’ve ever used has a bulge, which sort of detracts from the presentation of the cards in my opinion. So yeah, the Codex gets a big recommendation from me! The only thing missing is a zippered version.

1 Like

Have been using ultimate guard zipfolio(360) for 4ish yrs and they’ve been great for me… For a non portfolio/zipper option I’ve used Dragon shield slipcase binders with their 18 pocket sheets.