Binder Storage… Best Recommendations?

Hi all!

I found a selection of binder offers online, but I am seeing many brands I don’t recognise the name of, and I definitely do not know who provides the best quality. I need advice!

These three brands and their respective products are the brands I see most online, and of their product selection, products I like. If there is any better brand, please feel free to share, and anyone with experience of these or knows any strengths or weaknesses over one or another, please let me know.

• Dragon Shield Codex Portfolio Binder
  • Dragon Shield Codex Zipster Binder
  • Ultra PRO Eclipse PRO-Binder
  • Ultra PRO Elite Series Zippered Binder
  • Ultra PRO Vivid Zippered PRO-Binder
  • Vault X Exo-Tec Strap Binder
  • Vault X Exo-Tec Zip Binder

I have listed these alphabetically rather than in a ranked order.

I currently have 6 different elite zippered ultra pro binders three of them being 12 pocket and im probably basic but ive loved them pretty much forever. They just feel solid and look great. I hear really good things about vault x, and have heard people talking about dragon shield. Im sure there are better options than ultra pro but it does the job and the binders look great.

1 Like

I use the Ultra Pro Vivid binders and have never had an issue. I really like them.

I do also have some of the Ultra Pro Elite binders (the ones with the gold Pikachu on the cover) and I don’t know if I got a bad batch but the cards slots are really tight. Almost to the point that they’ll damage the cards when putting them in. But the Vivid binders are great.

1 Like

I can vouch for the Vault X Exo-Tec Zip Binder. I have the 9 Pocket and 12 Pocket binders and cannot recommend them enough. Very good quality, nice finish and very sturdy as far as binders go.

I don’t use other products from Vault X, just the binders. All other sleeves and perfect fits are generic but fit very well within the bunder slots. Good luck on your search.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I have the gold pikachu one as well and i havent encountered that issue. Weirdly enough though my charizard one is kind of tight so i could believe its hit or miss with batches

1 Like

Vault X Exo-Tec Zip Binders will always be my choice. I’ve used the 9-pocket and 12-pocket and I love them both. 10/10 would recommend.

2 Likes

I really love the Ultimate Guard Xenoskin Zipfolios, and just Ultimate Guard products in general. They’re a step up from Ultra Pro, but way better imo.

I’ve also recently been into the TopDeck binders- they’re super heavy duty and what I have my Piplup collection in. I got the 3x3 originally and have just recently upgraded to the 1000 card 4x4 (which might be a little overkill for most- the thing is super massive). They’re a little more expensive than the average binder, but I love the feel and they’re super durable.

4 Likes

If you are anything like myself, you have trouble with large selections of things and also are extremely particular with whatever you buy, so that being said and coming from someone whose tried nearly every main brand binder out there ill add some pointers lol.

anything thats side loading with the pages sewn in is pretty much the best bet on protection, so anything that fits that description is fine in terms of protection. That + a hard cover and youll be good to go. Now when getting into the nit picky side, presentation was something that I had issue with most binders. I wanted my pages to lay completely flat when opened and on a flat surface, and the only binder to ever provide this for me was Dragon Sheild card codexes (this is because they provide extra slack on the pages so that its possible for this to happen and im not sure why other companies dont follow suit). Ive filled up multiple binders with multiple different sleeving options and every single time if its any other brand the pages will buldge making it unappealing on the eye to me. So that being said, ive only ever commited to those binders now as they give me everything i need with protection and viewing and the only downside is that they dont offer a zip up option, but small price to pay for getting to see my cards flat and nice lol.

So yeah, that being said all binders work for the most part but its really up to you in what you want out of one overall. Hope that helped a little bit lol

1 Like