Bbobrob's collection thread--just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

Wanted to squeeze in an update before the upcoming Secret Santa. It’ll be mostly a non-TCG update, as I was trying to take advantage of some Buyee coupons, but a complete set of Japanese Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff cards is also pretty much done–just missing one card now, as far as I know!

Expedition Reverse Holos

Not much progress here (just the bottom row of reverses are newly acquired), but worth mentioning Dragonite 43, Mewtwo 56, and Mew 19 are also on the way. The Mewtwo and Mew were listed as MP or HP but didn’t look that bad in the pictures–hopefully the holos aren’t too scratched up!

TCG Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff species collection

Wrapped up the 1st edition and unlimited code variants for the Japanese Ex Team Rocket Returns set. This little mini-set was really fun to collect—I enjoyed hunting these variations!

Also wrapped up unlimited Hoppip + Jumpluffs with these last few coming in (BW5, XY11, and E2). All unlimited Japanese cards are now complete!

Some more additions:

And with these, all Japanese Hoppips and Skiplooms should be complete! For Jumpluffs, I should just be missing the mirror holo from Lost Thunder/Super Burst Impact. This card should have been included in one of the listings I purchased, but the seller had sent the normal holo version instead. Bummer!

Non-TCG Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff items

Tomy, Bandai, and Re-Ment figures and plush

Starting off with a few figures and a plush. The plump-looking Hoppip on the left is a small plush from Tomy that can also reverse itself into a pokeball. The middle two are Bandai finger puppets from 2000/2001. The Hoppip and Skiploom seem to be easier to find than the Jumpluff, for whatever reason, but I think all of them also have a rarer more translucent/clear version. The small figure with the level ball on the right is also from Tomy.

I’m not huge on sealed things, but this box wasn’t much at all and seemed like a pretty neat item, so I picked it up. It’s a sealed box for the Bandai Skiploom finger puppet seen above.

Also picked up an absolutely gorgeous Re-Ment figure with all the little grassy guys

Assorted stickers

From left to right, the stickers look like they’re from Meiji, Nissui, Zenkoku Zukan? (top), Amada Retsuden (bottom–this one is also glittery! But it doesn’t show up well in the picture), and Merlin (don’t know which series). I especially like the Meiji and Amada Retsuden ones, probably because they’re shiny/sparkly and because it’s always nice to see fresh poses.

Tazos and little circle things

My first Tazo (on the right)—not sure what language it’s in. And on the left are these small circle things—I don’t know what company is behind these, but they do have a little hand on the back that looks like the one that’s found on a few Meiji items with the rock, paper, scissors hands. If anyone knows what these are, let me know!

Metal things

Got a Skiploom Meiji battle coin (a little bit more about them can be found here), a Hoppip metal figure keychain, a Bandai magnet, and a Jumpluff enamel charm by Ichiban Kuji as part of the “Pokemon for you” campaign.

Pokemon Center Can Badge, Topps embossed card, and Battle/VS card

A really big Hoppip badge, a sweet embossed Skiploom Topps card (I didn’t know they were embossed and was pleasantly surprised when it came in), and the second-to-last VS card I need for the Gen II Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff set. (Hoppip being tortured yet again by another super effective move)

Various other items

Jumpluff bromide and Pokemon Center calendar postcard

Meiji film frame

Pokemon Center disaster emergency contact cards

(Anything that has Pokemon on it can and will be sold… and bought)

Pokemon stamp

Tomy Pokemon tissues

Felt a bit weird buying tissue packs, but the packaging and patterns are really dang cute. Bonus Hoppip and Wooper on the borders too!

Unofficial Pokepark magnet

The seller said these were unofficial Pokemon merchandise connected to the Taiwan Pokepark. The quality control was clearly not there (the cut is obviously off), but it’s a cool lenticular piece. I’m happy to have it in the collection!

Keiko Fukuyama Postcards

Saved my favorite for last again—obtained the other set of Keiko Fukuyama postcards! There’s so much going on in each postcard, they are a complete joy to look at.

That’s all for now. Now that the Japanese TCG species collection is pretty much done, it’s time to focus on English again!

17 Likes