Bbobrob's collection thread--just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

An update! This time with a focus on the non-TCG items, with progress with Expedition reverses as an opener.

Expedition Reverse Holos

These are the newest additions following my original post (Caterie and onwards are new). I’ve moved into a 12-page binder, and I like the look of it a lot more for this particular collection. I’m close to halfway done with the set now, but I’ve put off most of the rares/starter Pokemon, so acquisitions will probably slow down as I search for deals. My preference has slowly shifted towards cards in nicer condition, but with the higher prices of the missing half of the set, I may start to pick up a few MP/HP cards again.

Non-TCG Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff Items

There’s always tons of non-TCG things to discover and explore, which always makes these pick-ups interesting and fun. I’m mostly focusing on flat-ish items for now, but I’ll probably eventually end up picking up figures and other more-3D items (the Re-Ment figures are really enticing!).

Pan stickers

These are always fun to see, as I think every Pokemon that exists has a bunch of different pan stickers, with some of the poses being somewhat unique/not often seen. For example, the expressions of the Skiploom set, which are especially cute! I probably don’t have a complete collection, as I feel like the number of Jumpluff stickers is too few.

Amada Retsuden Stickers

More stickers! I especially like the attack ones and the holofoil ones (they all have a different holofoil pattern). Definitely not complete here.

More Random Stickers and a Jumpluff Menko

As I’m expecting with a lot of non-TCG items, I’ll often end up with things that I don’t fully know what they are or what set or collection they’re from. The first two stickers here fall in that category. The top left one is by Top, the top middle one by Ensky, and the top right one says Zenkoku Zukan. The bottom left looks like a promotional sticker related to the Pokemon the Movie 2000 release found in Sapporo Ichiban ramen? And lastly, the middle bottom item is part of a “Kakumen Retsuden” set (?) but they’re also called Menkos, as far as I’m aware.

Sticker Holder

Also picked up a cute Generation II seal/sticker holder to hold all the sqaure stickers and other small items!

Tiny stickers and others

Here are some super tiny stickers (holofoil!). Not sure what they are or who made them, or why they have the romanized Japanese name on them, but they sure are shiny. I almost thought they were some type of counterfeit item, but I saw some similar looking things in @joponnes Grimer/Muk collection, which was nice to see!

Going down the picture, next up is some Hoppip thing by Meiji (it looks like maybe you can just hang a bunch of these in a chain?), a Skiploom pog-like item (also called Menkos?), and a couple of Gotouchi badges, which seem to be regional souvenir items.

Playing cards, Merlin sticker, and Meiji promo card

Both the playing cards have Pichu on the back, but the one on the left has no copyright information, so it’s possibly a fake (@omic I don’t think I saw the back in your list of Pokemon poker cards—I can take a picture of the back if you’d like).

My251 Stickers

Bandai and Sapporo Ichiban Items

The top two rows are by Bandai. I’m not sure what the first row came with, or if they were standalone collectibles. The cards on the second row came with little figures that you can see on the back (according to @joponnes, there are a bunch of variations with different backs :sweat_smile:—I don’t know if I’ll try to get more or not). The Hoppip pictured here apparently has served some purpose, as it came with a few of these cards with little Hamtaro stamps on them. I think it’s kind of fun thinking that some teacher or parent might’ve been using these things functionally somehow! The last row are items found in Sapporo Ichiban ramen packs, I think.

Zukan card, Bandai Anime Card, and Card Sleeve

I just realized I should’ve just taken pictures of the anime card and the sleeve landscape, as it makes no sense to put them in portrait here :sweat_smile:

Various other items

On the left are stamps, and in the middle are these iron-on Skiploom patches. I was really excited when I initially saw them, but when I had them in hand, it was obvious the quality on them was not quite up to par. I might take them out some day and try to fix their wonky eyes with some embroidery. If not for the weird eyes, I would love these little things.

And finally, on the right is a Hoppip BIG Hyper Card—that’s what it says on the item. And these things really are big. Palm-sized big. When I saw the listing for the item, there were just four of these with nothing really for scale, so I was surprised at how large they ended up being (I thought they were pog-sized at first).

A Pokemon clear file

A Pokemon handkerchief

And lastly, my current favorite non-TCG items:

Pokemon Battle/VS Cards

Still missing two of these from the Generation II sets. The Hoppip line seemed to have gotten quite a bit of attention with this release! (RIP to the Hoppip getting hit with the 4x effective Powder Snow). I also have no clue what the Jumpluff attack is supposed to be. If anyone wants to venture a guess, I’m all ears.

Keiko Fukuyama Postcards

These are just absolutely adorable and precious. I’m still missing a few with Hoppip/Skiploom, but all of her postcards/illustrations are just beautiful. Her TCG illustrations are also top notch—I might just have to start another artist collection!

That last postcard doesn’t have any Hoppip or Skiploom, but it came as a set and is adorable anyway, so I’m including it here. I have no clue how that Chinchou (who seems gigantic, btw) is just hanging off of that building with no care in the world.

Recently, I’ve mostly been focused on progressing the Expedition reverse holo collection (while also picking up random cards and getting more distracted from these collection goals), but I’ll hopefully return to acquiring Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff items/cards sometime soon!

13 Likes