Bbobrob's collection thread--just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

With my first ZenMarket order arriving, I was able to knock out a good chunk of Japanese Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluffs, so I thought it would be a good time to update! (I’m going by the English set names because I’m more familiar with them)

Neo Series

Just as an interesting aside, I like the lighter color and thinner outline of the Japanese Neo Genesis Skiploom much better–it gives the card a more airy/less heavy feel. The colors on the Hoppip and Jumpluff are also ever so slightly different, but the differences really stand out with the Skiploom.

Expedition/Aquapolis

Just missing the unlimited Aquapolis holo Jumpluff. Since no unlimited E1 Hoppip has ever surfaced (you can read the interesting documentation of unlimited E1 here), I’m counting E1 as complete.

Another interesting aside here is that, before receiving the Japanese E-series Jumpluffs, I didn’t really like the Aquapolis Jumpluff. And I now realize it’s because Jumpluff’s color is just really weird in the English version of the holo card (either holo or reverse holo)–he takes on this purplish color that just looks off. Gross!

EX Team Rocket Returns

I have the 1st edition and unlimited version of each card, but I’m missing almost all the code variants for now. I still have some things sitting at the ZenMarket warehouse, so I’ll probably try to complete the code variants while I still have stuff I need to ship here.

Secret Wonders

1st edition and unlimited complete!

HeartGold/SoulSilver

1st edition complete! Unlimited L1 is another set that is extremely rare or just doesn’t exist (see quuador’s post here if interested), so I’m counting this set as complete.

Dragons Exalted

1st edition is complete, but I’m still missing the unlimited Jumpluff here. Unlimited versions of XY and BW Japanese sets are generally harder to find, so I may have lucked out in finding the Hoppip/Skiploom here. We’ll see how long it takes to find the Jumpluff!

Steam Siege

1st edition complete, and unlimited should also be complete! But cards are either incoming or sitting at ZenMarket for now.

More modern sets: Lost Thunder, Evolving Skies, and upcoming Paldea Evolved (or Japanese set Clay Burst)

These should also be complete with what I have sitting at ZenMarket (including the mirror holos for Evolving Skies), but here’s what I have in hand for now.

I also made a little progress on some English cards, but I’ve mostly been focusing on Japanese for now, so I can save on how many parcels I need to ship from ZenMarket.

1st edition Neo Genesis and reverse holo EX Team Rocket Returns

Thanks again to @mthursty for the reverse holo Hoppip!

World Championship and reverse holo Aquapolis

Finished the World Championship set! And acquired the reverse holo Aquapolis Hoppip and Skiploom for now.

I also had to rearrange the binder to accommodate the Japanese cards, but I’m still playing around with how I want to organize them in the binder–for example, whether I want to break up the Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff species collections into separate parts of the binder. I’d optimally like to maintain the evolutionary lines in the binder as I had before (and are as arranged in these pictures), but this becomes a problem when whole lines are not available, like for the World Championship cards and especially the EX Team Rocket Returns code variants. We’ll see where I end up after it’s more filled out, I think.

I also had a good amount of non-TCG things arrive in the ZenMarket package, but I’ll separate that into a different post for later :slightly_smiling_face: (Also the updates to the Expedition reverses)

12 Likes