Base Set Green Wing Booster Box Question

Are there any cases where the packs ended up being shadow less but the box had other country codes on the bottom?

rephrase: Is it possible to get shadowless even with international codes on the bottom?

I would have thought so back in the day. Even then the likelihood would have been slim. Nowadays I would say slim to none as I wouldn’t imagine people kept booster boxes without knowing the contents inside were shadowless for sure.
The only way is to buy and see. It will cost a lot to find out.

Coincidentally I just watched a video on YouTube where a guy opened a booster box with the international stuff on the bottom and the packs inside were indeed shadowless. Of course, that doesn’t mean the cards inside are shadowless!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2XVeXr6uO8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2hAE9i3eI

What part of the video does it show the box has the international stuff on the bottom?

The first video at around 3:50.

OK i see it now. thanks

I think the probability of the cards being shadowless is much lower if the box is international. It’s higher if the box is not. That being said, note that there are international boxes with shadowless cards and non-international boxes with unlimited cards.

The best indicator from what I’ve seen is the shrink wrap combined with the box type. Non-wizards logo shrink wrap + non-international = a very high probability of being shadowless.

Nothing is certain: all we have are probabilities based on anecdotal evidence.

I don’t want to scare everybody but there is no 100% when it comes to these boxes and starters. I have seen EVERY combination of card types and packaging. You see, Wizards never threw anything away. Even with card changes they still used up all packaging materials and cut sheeted cards.

The only consistency I’ve found is in cases. By opening 1, for me the rest have always followed suit. That strategy I would trust.

1 Like

It feels like that one case could be out there though… where it ends up being a mixed case because they didn’t have that magic number of boxes divisible by 6 (boosters) or 8 (starters).

I have a box right now with no international countries and green wing. When I peak into the box I see the trading card game on the right but for some reason the pack on the left doesn’t have it. So I am confused . The box has WOTC wrapping on it

Right, I’ve thought of that often lol.

can you show us and film it, because this is legit retarded :nerd_face:

I’ve added the images here imgur.com/a/yHPAM

The box has WOTC labels. no international codes on the bottom.
The right side when I peak in shows “Trading Card Game”
The left side when I peak in shows Venusaur’s Flower.

I’ve already tried shaking the box a bit to try to see what the 2nd pack is but no luck without damaging it.

pictures taken with my Iphone 7

I think it’s either fake, or it’s unlimited. My guess is, you just can’t see the red logo on the other side: it’s pretty hard to comprehend what you’re looking at under that tab.

What you know for sure: there’s at least one unlimited pack in there.