Base Set Decks 1999-2000 date

Anyone have experience opening the 4th print 1999-2000 decks, specifically if the holos were 4th print?

1 Like

I know that the 1999-2000 2 player starter decks can often contain 1999 dated Machamps, as far as I’m aware it’s the same rule for the decks as it is for the packs

1 Like

Yeah I think I saw somewhere that Machamp is the hardest 1999-2000 to pull not sure if that was a sales pitch or fact compared to the other deck holos.

1 Like

thats a sales pitch are all really hard to get

as the for decks its the same as the packs most of the holos are unlimited and not 4th print so buying 4th print decks will be the same as the packs might still be unlimited holos

1 Like

I guess its true to an extent, due to all the other holographics being obtainable through booster packs and some through decks, but the machamp is exclusive to decks

but if we’re talking 1999-2000 decks/starters only, I don’t think anyone has opened enough to be able to say any specific card is harder to get

1 Like

Starting out, the Machamps were rather difficult to find and only listed on ebay with $800-1k price tags (never sold of course). Over the last year, I’ve had a guy in Europe search for me and come up with a handful. Of all the ones I’ve purchased loose, none have graded a 10. About a week ago I bought a 10 from someone who approached me which accounts for 1 of the 3 I’m aware of.

Outside of this past year, I’d say that statement to hold true… “Machamp is the most difficult.” One collector shared a story about opened 10+ theme decks and not pulling one Machamp 2000 when all the boxes had the 1999-2000 dates. Plus, the facts cannot be confirmed since we don’t have the data. I’ve come into many packs over the last few years and not pulled a single 1999-2000 holo myself. Maybe the packs were for sale because they didn’t have the holos, idk. It’s tough to say for sure. My ability to acquire Machamps regardless of condition vs other cards had been significantly harder a year ago.

3 Likes