Base Set 1999-2000 Copyright - HD Image List

Hello everyone,

I’ve finally put together a huge list of all the Base Set 1999-2000 Copyright cards. This took me several hours to complete because I had to manually crop over a hundred images from pictures of previous eBay listings. Hopefully everyone will enjoy it, and hopefully others will find this useful. I’ll be submitting this to PSA as well in hopes that they will accept this variant of cards because they’re significantly more rare than the standard print.

These cards were the very last print of Base Set and differ from the rest of the set because their copyright date changed. If you look at the bottom right of the card you’ll see that it says “1999-2000 Wizards” instead of “1999 Wizards”.

Happy collecting
:blush:

> Click to Load Images <

10 Likes

Very nice, thanks for bringing more attention to this beautiful print @JoshsOddCollection,

What’s the deal with PSA not recognizing this print and Fossil 3rd?

Surely they must acknowledge there is a difference in the copyright if they look at the card inch by inch.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have any luck, but to increase your odds and for completeness I would get HD scans of the 2 player starter deck, the 4 base theme decks, and the booster packs (which they grade with variant recognized).

2 Likes

@nemyanation I don’t know that anyone has actually submitted them to be recognized as a variant LOL. I’ve had success with most of the things I’ve submitted to PSA so far so hopefully I’ll have luck with these.

@gottaketchumall Why don’t you think I’ll be able to? Have you tried getting this variant recognized before?

I haven’t tried extensively but I believe others have. You can dig up several threads if you search the forum. I still believe that one day they will, I just think that day is a long ways away given their current backlog.

1 Like

I submitted some in 2013. I wrote a letter accompanying them (which I have now lost, apologies). They graded, slabbed, and labelled them, but just as standard 1999 Base Set cards. I never tried again after that.

I suspect you will need some additional details in submitting research beyond just their scanned images. If there is a good E4 guide that has info about their distribution, and pictures of the Polish Base Set packs, that would be helpful. Also if there are opening videos of said packs with 1999-2000 holos, I would link those. The more comprehensive you are, the higher likelihood of success.

Edit: the Ludkins youtube video is quite good, I would link that too.

1 Like

Just saw this thread lol ~

We can ask a moderator to merge your image post in this thread, which is now 2 years old and PSA is yet to recognize the variant. Thanks for your work