Bandai Pokémon Scale World Figures

None of the Horsea chain have been released, but I’m hopeful they’ll return to Kanto and Johto after they’re done with Galar. Although saying that it’d be nice to see some of the other gens.

Will they dare do gigantamax Pokémon?

3 Likes

SO CUTE

i was thinking how cool it would be if they released shiny variants of certain Pokémon!
Shiny, Charizard , Espeon etc !!!:thinking:!!

1 Like

As someone who generally collects figures etc moreso than pokemon cards, theres a lot to like about these. Ive always wanted to see something where all the pokemon were actually in scale with one another and this does that! Unfortunately any sets like these are a slippery slope when you try to get them all, so I might just get a couple favorites. lapras is already at astronomical/unrealistic prices though, as you could literally get lapras statues (or giant plushes) for less

1 Like

It’s interesting that the Sylph Company set gained so much traction. I think it’s mostly down to Giovanni being part of the set.
Whilst I like the fact the earlier figures are all continuing to increase in value, I’m hopeful we’ll also see an English release of these at some point.

also worth mentioning something I noticed last night. while looking for random pokemon figures/statues, I noticed a lot of studios (NOT Bandai) are calling their things Scale World now. Most likely capitalizing on the hype behind the Bandai stuff, and Im sure when they saw Giovanni Set skyrocket they realized ‘hey we can make 1:20 scale stuff and people can use us to fill their gaps’

These figures are actually pretty badass.

I have to have that Bea figure.

Something really unexpected arrived today. I had pre-ordered both the complete Galar Region Set and the 7 individually-numbered Galar Region boxes to go along with it, but instead of finding the 7 boxes loose they’re all contained in a larger black box:

https://instagram.com/p/CGpJX6SFit0

I’m not sure if this is what they did for the other Region Set boxes as I picked those up loose from eBay. I guess I’ll have to now see if I can track those down!

I’m also happy because my Johto region Lyra, Bayleef, Natu & Smoochum box arrived today as well and I’ve been waiting for that for almost 5 months.

3 Likes

Yesterday a new Galar figure was made available for pre-order: Leon & Dragapult.
It’s another Premium Bandai-exclusive which will be getting distributed on the 30th April 2021.

2 Likes

What are the odds this comes stateside?

Picked up the starters and Venusaur this morning!

These figures are pretty cool, but I wish they did more than just some of Kanto & Johto, and what looks like its going to be ALL of Galar. Gens 3-6 exist too! I would pick some up if they did Pokemon I actually like. That said, the Trainers and Pokemon all look really well done!

As of 13th November Bandai have announced a second run of these figures: Leaf, Clefable & Gengar and Green & Arcanine are pre-orderable up until 15th February 2021 will be distributed in June 2021 and the Sylph Company Set will be pre-orderable up until 28th March 2021 and will be distributed in July 2021.

This is pretty big as the original Sylph Company Set box had reached $1,000 but is now pre-orderable again for $90. I’ve marked these in purple for now as until more information is known it’s not possible to determine if this 2021 release will be any different from the original 2019 release.

At any rate this should hopefully serve to keep the Scale World set at more affordable prices.

1 Like

Today they’ve announced that these 3 figures are now available for “reorder” and will be getting distributed in April 2021. With this and my previous post I’ve now updated the first post to include this passage:

If anyone knows any additional information about these I’d love to hear it. Part of me is hoping the boxes will be different in some way (even if it’s only a barcode change) as it’ll be more to collect, but I feel like we’re not going to know until next Spring. For what it’s worth the boxes all currently mention the year they were released, which is so far either “Bandai 2019” or “Bandai 2020” - I’m curious if these reorder figures will keep the “Bandai 2019” they currently have or be updated to say “Bandai 2021” instead.

Looks like they’re finally getting into gen 3… Also convenient that they’re releasing around the same time as the Leaf & Green re-issues, missed out on their original releases and can combine shipping!

2 Likes

It’s been a while and I haven’t been keeping up with the latest releases. Today I learned that there is a very subtle difference between the original releases and the reorder releases: the copyright year.

Here is my original release Leaf, Pixy and Gangar figure:

And here is a reorder release of the same figure (picture taken from Mercari):

I’ll go through and update the thread at some point in the near future.

2 Likes

Heya, any chance this thread will see an update? I’ve been kicking myself internally for missing the Metagross preorder (why do most good Metagross figs have to be expensive :sob: .) To contribute, I’ve brought links of the recently revealed Gen 4 figures:

Premium Bandai link (though doesn’t appear to be exclusive, Amiami also has preorders up)

PBandai link
PBandai link
I find it interesting the Turtwig line is split between three sets. For future Gen 4 sets, my guesses would be Cynthia and Garchomp (no brainer), Platinum versions of Dawn/Lucas/Barry, Dialga and Palkia, and then random popular G4 mons (Luxray, Rotom, Magnezone).

2 Likes

@coil hey, I stopped updating the thread as I didn’t think all that many people were interested. I don’t have any plans to continue updating it at the moment.

In terms of Metagross, PokéVault has them for sale but they’re more than double their original price: pokevault.com/pokemon-scale-world-figures/metagross-steven-scale-world-hoenn-figure. Looks like they’re selling for around 9,000 JPY in Japan (~$81).

If they release a Seviper you can update it (or PM me). :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

When are they going to do Joltik? :grin:

1 Like