Bandai Pokémon Scale World Figures

www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=GOODS-00361376

And Gyarados!

3 days ago Bandai announced another new Galar region Premium Bandai pre-order: Raihan & Duraludon. The pre-order phase ends on September 27th.

On August 7th Bandai announced another Galar-region pre-order only figure: Covidknight Corviknight. This is the first figure to be announced for release in 2021.

As a sneak peak of what’s to come, they’ve also updated the Galar region image to include some additional Pokémon which haven’t been announced yet (like My Little Ponyta and Mimikyu):

On a side note I’m now happy to say that my own collection is now finally up to date with the pre-order only figures after picking up a Leaf, Clefable & Gengar set recently. Does anyone know where I can buy custom-size thin acrylic cases like the Funko POP! protectors?

2 Likes

glad to see other people share my interest in these models! i have the Kanto set which i bought from nin-nin. they really are beautiful figures.

Why is there a Hitmontop?I will only take this one :blush:

1 Like

Not sure! That’s another one which hasn’t had any public details posted that I’m aware of.

I feel like they’ve only jumped to Galar to hype up the set for people who are new to Pokémon playing Sword and Shield - I’m sure soon enough they’ll be back to Kanto and Johto, and I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before we get a Lillie figure from Sun and Moon.

1 Like

Would love to see all of theme together in 1 picture. Also hitmontop is waaaaaay bigger than I thought he was and I dont like it

2 Likes

Announced today are two more Premium Bandai-exclusive pre-order figures (cc @linkdu83 ):

This is the first time different regions have been bundled together: Bea and Allister are Galar-region gym leaders, but Hitmontop is a Johto-region Pokémon and Mimikyu is an Alola-region Pokémon. As such I’ve added notes alongside their respective regions in the first post to keep the list normative.

2 Likes

Thanks @pichufan (I also saw it on twitter yesterday)!
I pre-ordered the Hitmontop :blush:

1 Like

I will smash that pre-order button at mach 10 speeds once my gen 3 boys get figures

1 Like

I’ve posted up my collection of these so far on Instagram. I’m still unsure whether I should keep these boxed or open them up and enjoy them for what they are, but for now it’s a fun game of Tetris getting them to stack nicely.

https://instagram.com/p/CEWrQDGFFsg

7 Likes

The Galar Region 2 set had managed to sneak past me as it was added further down the list. I’m not actually sure when this was announced but seeing as we’ve not seen anything else this month I’m guessing it was a couple of weeks ago. It will be released in January 2021 but is available for pre-order.

This introduces a second Pikachu figure variant along with the Galarian form of Ponyta.

1 Like

You should open your boxes, except if you consider them as an investment there is no point to keep the figurines in their boxes, they are so beautiful (moreover you will still be able to stack the boxes without the figurines inside) ^^

2 Likes

The main reason I haven’t is because I don’t really have anywhere to store them yet. I’m currently trying to save up for one of these, but Pokémon keep getting in the way: www.luminati.co.uk/display-cabinets-cases/illuminated-cabinets/frameless-retail-display-cabinets-2000mm-wide.
:grin:

2 Likes

I’m looking to complete gen 1, are there better markets than ebay for getting these? I’m looking for professor oak, leaf, gary, and maybe one or two more. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

You could try your luck with Japanese sites like Yahoo Auctions and Mercari and use a middleman service. I never looked at the gen 1 prices, but remember seeing the box of legendary dogs for much cheaper than on eBay. This was a few months ago when I was looking into buying some figures.

Another new Premium Bandai-exclusive set was announced on 5th October: the Galar Gym Battle Set.
This one features a second variant of both Gloria and Victor, this time they’re in their gym uniforms.

I’m guessing this one will likely not stay as a PB-exclusive, but we’ll see.

I told my wife I’m preordering the Wailord when they release it. These are by far my most favorite Pokemon figures considering size relatively in other various Pokemon media has always a pet peeve of mine. It’s likely that Wailord or other giant pokemon like Gmax Duraludon will never be released but one can dream. Maybe we could get a rayquaza or onix?

2 Likes

Is there a … Kingdra?

1 Like