Athletes_and_Antiquities Collection Thread

Hey all,

I’ve been collecting singles for a few years now, but I recently got my first graded card so I thought I’d start a collection thread.
Enjoy!

First Graded Card
I love the holo on this Neo Heracross and thought it would be a great card to start my PSA8 Neo set

Call of Legends is one of my favorite sets, and this trio of promos looks absolutely stunning!

19 Likes

Collection Update! I love the look of these cards next to eachother, and they are somewhat historic in being the first full arts ever (I think). I had to add them into my collection, and the pops are lower than I thought they would be.

Next up is the only sealed item in my collection. I picked up this beautiful sealed Charizard EX half deck back when it was cheap, and it is probably the rarest item in my collection because I have not seen one surface on ebay since I bought it.

10 Likes

Always loved these two, especially the white Reshiram. Still one of my favorite cards to date. And they indeed are the first full art cards created for the Pokémon TCG (with their Japanese version being released before these English ones :wink: ).

Fun fact: the Zekrom has two versions: a black one and a grey one. The grey version is actually a misprint, but both versions are pretty common to find. The black one you have graded above looks a lot better than the grey version imo. Here both versions side-by-side from my personal collection, so you can clearly see the difference.

And nice sealed Charizard ex as well! Especially since it’s unlimited edition, which for Japanese cards in most cases hold a premium (not exactly sure for this card / blister in particular tbch).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

The sealed Charizard EX half deck is very unique! Good luck with the rest of your collection.

1 Like

I was gone at college for the past few months, but I thought I should post a few more updates before I leave again for the spring semester.

This 1st Edition Base Zapdos was not even on my radar because I assumed 1st edition base was way out of my price range, but I was shocked to find this for under $200. I know its only a 6 but it has great eye appeal with all of the whitening being on the back, and I think any PSA 6 1st ed base holo for under $200 is a great price. Not many are being added to the pop report anymore!

The second item I wanted to show off is the 12-card set from the 10th Anniversary Movie Collection. Each of these cards have a unique art with a beautiful holo pattern. This was another item that seemed to be very cheap for what you are getting. 12 beautiful Japanese holos in a nice booklet from 15 years ago seemed like a great deal.

5 Likes

Just picked up this Shining Imakuni? card in PSA 8. This card’s art is extremely unique, with an almost creepy feel to it. Additionally, I was very surprised to find out that only 90 have been graded by PSA. Great, rare card, and it doesn’t break the bank.

6 Likes