Art theme: Rain

I like these threads, so here’s another: Card art with rain. Bonus points if there’s a thunderstorm.
Card that prompted this thread: this Magnezone once I saw a good scan of itThis cool Heatran (Brilliant Stars) someone recently linked in the general art thread:
Cufant (Sword and Shield)

Mawile (Sword and Shield)

Bronzong (Ultra Prism)

16 Likes

a

13 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

10 Likes

Some reposts, some not; these rain elites are just too good not to share in case some people haven’t seen them yet. Also, there are a lot of great illustrations of impending rain like Sandstorm Pichu and Lost Thunder Electabuzz (Multicell), Sandstorm Quilava (supercell, eastern New Mexico perhaps?) and Neo Destiny Slowking (Tropical Cyclone.) I love the vibe of such illustrations, they’re all about to be blasted but they don’t feel quite the same way about it.

10 Likes

Here’s my Arita post on this one. :grin:

Ruby Sapphire Manetric

Ruby Sapphire Manetric

Zapdos - Majestic Dawn

Majestic Dawn Zapdos

Arceus Gengar

Arceus Gengar

9 Likes

Love that Gengar. @xileets

3 Likes

(Horsea delta 31/101 EX Dragon Frontiers)
A rainy Komiya

5 Likes

I always thought for some reason that the background has snowfall / hail and thunderstorm but then again it doesn’t make much sense (BUT sometimes there’s thunder in winter too)

3 Likes

3 Likes

It’s been raining here, so time for some rainy cards.

I think this Unfezant is paired with the above Marshtomp?

There's a storm in the distance

I'm not completely certain it's raining, but it feels like Beldum is making its way through a rainy forest.

This might be thundersnow instead of rain?
4 Likes

2 Likes

Definitely linked, very cool!

I wish it was raining here, woke up to -7 °F this morning. :cold_face:

2 Likes

4 Likes