Arita Signature Validation

Hi y’all,

I was told a while ago that PSA and BGS suck at autograph authentication (apparently there are many forgeries that have successfully passed through the scrutiny of authenticators).

Wanted to reach out to the E4 community to see if this slabbed (and authenticated) Arita signature is legit: imgur.com/a/YDUG3mm

These look pretty clean, as I’ve compared against a couple of other Arita signatures, but my opinion is that of a novice. Thank you in advance (if there’s anyone here able to help). :blush:

Both are authentic :+1:t2:

Thanks! Just for my own knowledge (I’m slowly learning to recognize telltales of authentic/forged signatures), what are the key areas of the signature that you’re looking at?

With study, research & experience you can just tell. The kingdra was signed earlier, You can tell by the style & placement of the sig.

The Kingdra definitely looks real. As someone who has learned Mandarin and is familiar with Mandarin/Kanji(which is similar to Mandarin) writing, the strokes look solid - or at least someone who clearly knows how to write.

And I think the Gengar looks real, especially the sketch - I’ve seen tons of Arita sketches and the line quality looks legit.

I thought the signatures also looked legit – thanks for your input! Line quality as in thickness and consistency?

Yea, I think he has a fairly light touch especially when he uses thinner markers, and he breaks down longer lines and curves into shorter lines, and there are subtle breaks in between these lines. I’ve circled where they are in yours and another sketch I found somewhere online. This is unique to Arita I think, you don’t see this in other artists like Fukuda’s sketches.
Also there’s quite a bit of variation of line width in Arita’s sketches as well

3 Likes

That’s super interesting. Truly living up to your username :wink:

1 Like

Feel free to lock this thread (@ any mod) :blush:

Thanks to those that helped!