Are these Arita autographs real?

Hello everyone I am new to the site and have a quick question for you guys. I am looking to aquire some Arita autographed cards however I am pretty sure they are fake. I have attached some photos. Thanks for the help!

imgur.com/S7uSvC4

They look legit to me, but if you buy them I’d suggest sending them to psa to be sure.

1 Like

Yup. the only way to really know.

The English signed one looks fake to me.

Every PSA graded signed card I could find, he either leaves off the “O” all together, or its an extension of the “r” right before and almost looks like a blob of ink, rarely lifting the marker lol.

In the copy you shared, the pen is lifted and the “o” is written separately.

I could be wrong, but just imo.

3 Likes

True, but his older signatures his signature wasn’t as “rushed” and the “o” is usally a lot nicer like the one in question. But I do have to recant what I said before, they are most likely fake because there is another thing wrong with the English signature. The second “A” in Arita is NEVER drawn out like that. It’s always one pen motion with a squiggle at the end. (Bad example but don’t know how to explain haha)

3 Likes

Looks fake to me. Biggest thing that stands out for me is the last “A” in ARITA that doesn’t resemble authentic examples.

2 Likes

Yea you guys are awesome. I agree both the “O” and the “A” at the end seem off.

He also tends to sign in the center and/or across the whole card unless there is a drawing on the side.

2 Likes

If you can’t get it in person, or have a rep get it, be very careful.

1 Like

EBay is a cesspool for fake autographs. Before you buy any listing you aren’t 100% sure of, spend the 10-15 bucks for PSA to give it a quick opinion. No membership required. They respond within 48 hours with their opinion weather the item is likely genuine, likely not genuine, or unable to determine.

www.psacard.com/quickopinion

1 Like

With Arita it makes no sense buying non-PSA copies.

1 Like

I’d personally put a strong yes on those being legitimate signatures, albeit older ones. I own a lot of Pokemon autographs and that’s my thing in collecting, and I’ve worked with Arita before. I’m also definitely not a professional autograph authenticator though, so if you’re not comfortable, don’t take the risk!