Are ENG SV151 Metapod, Kakuna and Pidgeotto Reverse Holos the New Gold Stars?

These cards have been causing quite the uproar in the community over the past several days. When compared to Gold Stars, both:

• are rare (take 2 booster boxes or more to pull)

• are Holo (shiny cards go brrrr :money_mouth_face:)

• feature popular Pokémon (Kanto, amirite? :sunglasses:)

• are under $50 on release (affordable before they :rocket::full_moon::moneybag:)

Vote and leave your thoughts down below!

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
7 Likes

:thinking: much to ponder

6 Likes

A friend and I opened about 150 packs and never pulled a Pidgeotto (regular or reverse). So yes these are the new gold stars.

7 Likes

Big if true.

9 Likes

definitely master set denier cards

2 Likes

Absolutely, but I think the market has already caught on to this. I have cracked several BGS Black Labels and sent them to PSA and they gave me all 7s and 8s. It seems these cards have already made it into PSA’s pop control database just like Gold Stars.

18 Likes

40th anniversary Indigo League remake

Rocket Launch GIF by NASA - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 Likes

WTT: psa 10 reverse metapod for a latias gold star

serious inquiries ¡ONLY!

I KNOW WHAT I HAVE

5 Likes

According to 4chan leaks, Alpha Investmemts is posting a video about this very subject later today

2 Likes

I feel as though I’m missing some serious context for this thread and this means I’m not in on the joke. I’m going to call 911 every 15 minutes until someone explains it to me.

7 Likes

Its an emergency services number that people can call in the US for emergencies. But thats not important right now, we are talking about the new cards that are replacing gold stars.

3 Likes

Ahh Airplane! what a movie :smile:

3 Likes

I wonder if we’ll see stacks of them appear at a convention vendor somewhere…

1 Like

I cannot believe you’ve disgraced me like this. My son was standing next to the computer when you posted this. He doesn’t respect me anymore.

6 Likes

I’m with @stagecoach, what the hell is going on?

2 Likes

this is a calculated attempt to steer people away from the greatest set of all time, Pokemon Go

5 Likes

Here we go again! Woohoo! :rofl: :steam_locomotive:

1 Like

It’s not a joke. Modern Reverse holos are much more difficult to pull than vintage Gold Stars. The boat is still there but not for long. SV151 is going to the moon.

2 Likes

piccoloMoon

7 Likes

are we talking about the japanese? or english?