Anyone know Staff from the 2020 International Championship?

Hello everyone! I am hoping someone on here can help me in my quest to complete a pin collection I have been working on years. I am trying to collect a sealed copy of each STAFF pin from the World Championships. I have scoured every auction site, collection page, FB group, etc. and have managed to track down a copy of every single pin except ONE! The elusive 2020 Staff Pin (pictured below)

Here is where I can use your help! Does anyone in this community happen to know someone who staffed the 2020 World Championships? Or know someone who might know someone who did? I will take any lead I can get at this point. Any information of help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated! As of right now the only traces of this pin I can find is two pictures on Google.

2 Likes

Weren’t 2020 Worlds cancelled?

2 Likes

I doubt these were distributed at all due to the whole event being cancelled? I could be wrong of course.

1 Like

Got a larger picture of the cardboard? I’m guessing that’s from the Oceania international championships.

1 Like

@jcincy101, The Oceania and Latin American Championships were completed as far as I know. I see mats, deckboxes, etc. I also have the Competitor pin.

@melchior, See my reply above. Bulbapedia also states: “Pokemon Championships Competitor Pin featuring Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble (Latin America, Oceania) The Europe and North America pins were not released due to the cancellation of the Championship Series”

@alecpokemon, Sadly no, This is the only other pic I can find:

I imagine like all the other staff pins the cardboard only varies slightly based off of the competitor pin.

3 Likes

Are you sure about that? I can find playmats, deckboxes, pins, etc. I can find people referencing the event and everything. Not too mention I literally have the competitor pin in hand.

Where is the photo of your Worlds stuff?

A simple google search will confirm that Worlds was cancelled, not to mention the multiple threads here.

That pin may have been planned to be distributed at one of the earlier regional or national championships that were cancelled much closer to the actual planned date. So they may have been produced earlier and a few leaked out.

Regardless, there is likely no Worlds pin because there was no Worlds.

Here is my competitor pin:

Maybe I am getting the semantics wrong and it’s not a World tournament. International tournament maybe?

Here are some ebay items:

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Latin-America-Championships-2020-Sleeves-Scorbunny-Grookey-Sobble/184045722183?hash=item2ad9fada47:g:qW4AAOSwznZd1ucR

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Latin-America-Championships-2020-Deckbox-Scorbunny-Grookey-Sobble/184045695447?hash=item2ad9fa71d7:g:nesAAOSwl9dd1uAS

I don’t think they are leaked items as there is far too many. I am probably getting the scemantics wrong. I think it’s an international tournament and not a world tournament. Either way the event this pin came from DID happen whatever you want to bill it as and I am looking for the staff pin from said event lol

1 Like

This is an international championships pin. Matches the international championships mat shown above.

There’s a Latin America and Oceania version, as the North America and Europe ones were cancelled.

This isn’t from worlds. That red crest is a symbol for international championships, the orange is regional, etc. Worlds has a Pokeball logo

Searching for “Latin America/Oceania staff pin 2020” might help you find it more easily, though I only see competitor ones on eBay right now.

3 Likes

Yea I noticed that I made that mistake. I search for “Pokemon Staff Pin” and sift through the results so it hasn’t skewed my searches, I just made the mistake in this post.

Same sentiment though, I am just looking for someone who staffed a 2020 international championship now so that helps lol

I understand, I just misspoke when I said Worlds. I am more focused on the pin regardless of what event it was released in. Tracking down it or someone who staffed the event who might have one or know someone who does.

1 Like