Special/Event Stamped Cards

Guys and Gals,

Last night I was editing/updating my spreadsheet to optimize my collection searching. And with my daily random eBay search I found out on of the cards also had a version with a Regional Stamp on it. But I couldn’t find a list with names of cards that all got special stamps on it. So, I’ve been filling my browser history with the most ridiculous search entries you can imagine to figure this out. Yet, no result. Suddenly I remembered there was a thread on E4 about the DCE stamped cards and I just knew some people chase after them.

So, my question is;
Is there a website, or maybe some shared Google docs file, listing all the special stamped cards like Regional, Winner, Pre-Release and Staff cards?

It would really help me completing my spreadsheet and doing more effective searches, purchases and hunts if I know exactly what I am searching instead of stumbling upon it and losing time trying to research the card.

1 Like

For pre-release and special cards from older sets I use the following site: www.pokemon-paradijs.com/ruilkaarten/ruilkaarten.php

It’s a Dutch site with cards from Base Through Plasma Freeze, including promo sets, pop and trainer kits. every set contains a full set list and specials for that set. I don’t know if all of the cards are in there but it is a start! There is even a pic for every single card

I don’t know about the newer sets though…

hope this will help you a bit

1 Like

Wow. Really. Pokemon Paradijs still exists? He used to rent me webspace on his server

it’s still up, but no new sets are published

For newer sets, Bulbapedia is the new Pokémon-paradijs. No pictures, but very good lists of all exclusives.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sun_%26_Moon_(TCG) (Additional cards at the top)

1 Like

I’ve been hugging Bulbapedia like my childhood PSA4 graded Zard, but the additional card info is lacking once get into the EX era.

In Pokémon collecting a lot comes down to your own investigation and search, with help from others. bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/, www.pokemon-paradijs.com/, serebii.net/ and pokegym.net/gallery/ are all great resources to get you started, not to forget the E4 Forum as well, which has been my second greatest resource so far (after Justin’s website). :grin:

But even with all these sources you still have to investigate and search yourself, and indeed keep a list with everything you discover. When I started collecting Pikachus I only had Bulbapedia to guide me at first. When I had around 200-250 Pikachus I discovered @justinator 's website. He had around 500-550 Pikachus at the time, of the ~650-700 he knew to exist. In the 1.5 years I’m collecting now I’ve only been able to discover a couple new Pikachus Justin had missed (apart from new releases). And some of these discoveries were thanks to help on this forum as well. Cards like the Red Cheeks Base Pikachu with Grey 1st edition stamp; the Australian Jungle Pikachu; the 10 different Double bordered Neo Genesis sample cards; the distinguished versions of the Sample 1 Pikachu; the Spanish Reverse Holo Mysterious Treasures Pikachu with stamp; the English LPPCollecting stamped Ivy Pikachu WotC promo #1; the Gotta Magazine French Glossy WotC promo #4 that was released in Japan; etc. etc.
Without Justin’s list as a great start I wouldn’t have had the collection I have today. I owe a lot to him.

I realize you are looking for a similar source for your special releases and event stamped cards. But unless someone has this same collecting goal as you I doubt someone has such a compiled list. Justin has invested A LOT of time creating this initial list, and I continued where he left off regarding new releases (that reminds me Justin : The Roaring Skies McDonald’s Pikachu of 2016 is also released in German; recently found one from Switzerland. Along with the English, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian 2016 versions and English and French 2015 versions I was already aware of.)

As for your stamped cards collecting @genosha , are you looking for all stamps? Or only event-stamped and staff cards? If all I could give you a list of all Pikachus with special release stamps. If the first, the only one I can think of is 175/XY-P Festa Pikachu promo of 2015 with Event Organizer Stamp.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I’ve checked all sources you name. Serebii and Bulbapedia being my main sources for Pokéinfo for 10 years. But while looking up Venusaurs on eBay I found this Regional Stamped from Crystal Guardians, which was not on my list. It wasn’t on Bulbapedia or Serebii either. Googling was all swing, no hit.

It’s what you say; if there is not at least a couple more people out there after the same thing there is no publicly available info on ‘special stamped’ cards.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the hunt and my spreadsheet gets a weekly overhaul probably just like yours but I got hit in the face with info I couldn’t find and/or confirm. And info about all those regional stamped cards keep elusive.

@djgigabyte Does Laura have hers separate? If she does, she could probably just throw together some photos real quick and more or less have a full guide. Haha

2 Likes

Not sure if it was noted anywhere, but some cards have a different stamp’s based on country.

2 Likes

Exactly my problem. You got cards with these stamps, for various events, various regions, various placing. But no info available of all let’s say this Leafeon is the same for all regions just with different stamp. Do they have additional STAFF or 1-4 PLACE stamps too?
It’s a wild goosechase

1 Like

Now is bad timing, but middle of next month I can probably throw a list together. If you get me a base list, I can do all variations by memory.

Don’t forget all the Toys-R-Us and Pikachu stamped ones from 2016.

But are those considered event stamps, as in tournament / league stamps?

Because if we look at all stamped Pikachus I can add a lot more:

• English E3 Base yellow cheeks
  • English E3 Base red cheeks
  • English Base PokéTour 1999 stamp
  • All 9 World Collection 2000 stamped Pikachus
  • English Jungle 1st edition W-stamp
  • Italian Jungle unlimited edition
  • French EX Emerald non-holo EX ÉNERAUDE stamp
  • English EX Emerald Comic Con stamp
  • Japanese EX Emerald WHF stamp
  • English Mysterious Treasures DIAMOND & PEARL stamp
  • Spanish Mysterious Treasures DIAMANTE & PERLA stamp
  • English Majestic Dawn PLATINUM stamp
  • German HeartGold & SoulSilver Snowflake stamp
  • English HeartGold & SoulSilver Pokémon Day stamp
  • German HeartGold & SoulSilver Pokémon Day stamp
  • Italian HeartGold & SoulSilver Pokémon Day stamp
  • English XY Roaring Skies Build-a-Bear Workshop stamp
  • Japanese 064/XY-P DAIICHI Pan stamp
  • Japanese 064/XY-P Mayumiya stamp
  • Japanese 064/XY-P McDonald’s
  • English XY Generations 20th Anniversary stamp
  • English XY Generations Toys R Us stamp
  • French XY Generations 20th Anniversary stamp
  • French XY Generations Toys R Us stamp
  • English POP6 Pokémon Day stamp
  • Italian POP6 Pokémon Day stamp
  • English POP9 Pokémon Day stamp
  • German POP9 Pokémon Day stamp
  • Italian POP9 Pokémon Day stamp
  • English WotC promo #1 LPPCollecting English stamp
  • English WotC promo #1 LPPCollecting Italian stamp
  • English XY202 Pokémon League stamp
  • English 012 non-holo promo 10th Anniversary stamp
  • Italian 012 non-holo promo 10th Anniversary stamp
  • English DP16 promo snowflake stamp
  • German DP16 promo snowflake stamp
  • French DP16 promo snowflake stamp
  • Italian DP16 promo snowflake stamp

As well as the EX Delta Species Pikachu-shaped Ditto with Comic Con stamp.

But I don’t think @genosha is looking for these as well. Only the Pokémon league / events / staff stamped ones, if I’m not mistaken??

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I think of the TRU cards as events in the sense they were 1 day only.

1 Like

That’s fair.

OP, do you mean tournaments or any event relating to Pokemon?

1 Like

or any extra stamped card?

Tournament related cards. So regional/state stamped, winner stamped. Prerelease cards are easier to figure out.