Anyone collect Legos?

i will be buying this and putting it in my closet for when i have my own place

2 Likes

Why on earth have Pokemon and Lego not had a crossover yet?

3 Likes

Pokemon already has sets with a different building block IP. It would be a great collab, but Lego doesn’t have the ability to do a great job with all the individual species. They could make great scenes, like indigo plateau, mewtwos cave, burned tower etc. But they’d struggle to make specific species. They’d do some well, but they’d be off on most significantly.

2 Likes

Yeaaa buddy, mine got delivered on Sunday, never knew that FedEx delivered on Sundays. Its also A LOT bigger than I expected. The box art is chefs kiss perfecto.

2 Likes

But will you build it?

1 Like

Complete!

14 Likes

Looks so old school. How many hours?

2 Likes

Probably about 12-14 hours. I did it over multiple days. One of the most thoughtful designs. There are so many subtle details. Some that you only see as the builder!

7 Likes

Now its time to do a giant medieval castle moc. Just need about 5 or 6 more of these builds right :wink:

2 Likes

MOC builders are definitely going to eat this one up. Throw in a few medieval blacksmiths as well.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I actually collected legos even longer than pokemon when i was younger, never as seriously tho but still. I bought few cheap basic sets for my kid when she’s a bit older but i do think i have to build them first to make sure everything is okay with them :thinking: also bought moc builds from a lego artist of grimer and muk which i then modified a bit, can post pics of them if someone wants to see! (And when the final bricks i ordered for it arrive, lol)

1 Like

price though…

2 Likes

Definitely a cool set but unfortunately I think it leaves a lot to be desired compared to the source material, especially for the price. Tiago made a good video about it: LEGO Hulkbuster Review - YouTube

2 Likes

cant wait to build these

6 Likes

I’m glad I kept my old lego stored away in good condition for this long. Nothing is made at the moment and I don’t own the boxes anymore but I did hold on to the posters that where added in some sets and also the advertisements booklets from the 90’s. I should try building everything to see if I’m missing anything but that would take quite some time. ^^ the booklets in pictures is what I have, really proud of it hehe. thought I’d share it here just for fun. :smiley:

10 Likes

Christmas gift from my mom this year. How does she always know exactly what to get me? Built in 3 hours with lots of “help” from my toddler haha.

5 Likes

Glad to see fellow Lego enjoyers in the forum! I love the lego art series - managed to pick up and build a Darth Vader portrait. I regret not buying three of them so that i could combine them into the mega portrait (due to room space constraints :sweat_smile:):

I’m also really interested in the “Starry Night” set too!

Starry Night

8 Likes

I saved up all my tips of 2022 to buy something I don’t need (but I do like)
this year I had enough for Diagon Alley. And don’t think it’s easy because my tips are 5 or 10 cents if I get any. Sometimes it’s 1 euro.

14 Likes

I haven’t collected recently but my favorite set when I was a kid I remember saving up for and purchasing was an electric train set:

I was so excited and got to building right away. But the particular set was missing some pieces so I contacted Lego and they mailed me a second set. So I had two trains and twice the track! Fun memories.

8 Likes