Anyone collect Legos?

Its been years and years since i have touched legos, but my wife’s grandmother got me this set for Christmas and i am excited to let myself lose myself building for a day when i get the time

11 Likes

This is so wholesome! :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

I also got lego for christmas and even though i’m 100% pokemon guy nowdays and can’t let myself slip into another expensive collecting hobby i can’t remember when was the last time i was as excited about something, putting them together was the best escapism for a long long time!

4 Likes

My dad just found all my Lego at their house! Looks like I’ll be packing an extra suitcase next visit.

6 Likes

HagridQuote

I started collecting Legos before I got back into the card hobby, these are my favorites in my collection.
The breaking bad set is not an official Lego set.

8 Likes

I can’t remember if I’ve posted this here or not, but back in June it was announced that a new Lego manufacturing plant will be built in Chesterfield, Virginia! This will be the very first Lego plant in the United States and the 2nd in North America. It’s expected to be fully open by late 2025. This is quite significant as there are currently only five manufacturing plants in the world. Cue the “how will this affect the market” meme

3 Likes

Lego mailday (and also PSA returns today)

6 Likes

Finally pushing myself to post here too. Here are the 3 pieces i have in my modern lego collection (can’t let it grow since pokemon is life). Fiat 500 i actually asked as a father’s day gift from my wife since i really fell in love with the looks of it, building it really took me in another place and after that i’ve spent good whiles just staring at it and playing with the moving parts :slight_smile: really awesome how well thought the modern sets are and feels like every small detail has a meaning. Vespa was actually a complete surprise from my parents on christmas, i felt a huge wavr of nostalgia getting lego and pokemon cards as christmas presents :smiley: hot rod actually is my favourite lego from my childhood that i built again lately. And believe me, it took AGES, some of the parts of it where copies i had only that single one needed and looking for them in 4 massive boxes of lego was something i won’t repeat. The looks of it seriously haven’t gotten old and i’m now planning to get it united with the two modern legos and have them at a shelf to admire after renovating our living room. Really cool looking trio imo! I’ve never liked cars irl at all but for some reason in lego form they get me all excited.

And as a bonus one, a photo of lego slime i also posted in my collection thread :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Big news in the bust world

2 Likes

For anyone who loves legos and stop-motion, check out this YouTuber. :smiley:

1 Like

LOTR legos confirmed returning :pray: This appears to be a Rivendell set thats rumored to have over 6k pieces…

For reference, the Republic Gunship from the Star Wars UCS series has just under 3300 pieces and the Eiffel Tower (the largest Lego set to date) has 10001 pieces. The biggest LOTR themed set prior to this was the Tower of Orthanc with around 2300 pieces.

The Tower of Orthanc (2013)

4 Likes

I like the star wars helmets so those will be in my collection soon. I pre ordered the new ones.
Got these 2 boxes in,

2 Likes

This is interesting news! I have the full LOTR and hobbit sets sealed. Always thought they’d never revisit it. I always thought helms deep could have been done better. Also, they should make urak-hai more available outside of 9471.

2 Likes

Of all the world designs in LotR, Rivendell is my favorite. I’ve not bought Legos for a while, but if they do it justice, as per usual… Dang!

2 Likes

I think part of Lego’s decision to return (hopefully permanently) is that lotr has exploded in popularity again in the last year. Rings of Power in particular was seen by some 100 million viewers… I’ve heard that Universal’s new theme park may have a lotr themed area as well :crossed_fingers:

Theres also a lot of people (myself included) that were a bit too young to really afford Legos at the time of LOTR/Hobbit sets.

Its similar to Pokémon TCG where kids growing up in the late 90s/early 2000s are now reaching that age where they can spend money on nostalgia trips. A perfect storm all things considered.

2 Likes

and here it is

6 Likes

Great mini fig selection, beautiful set, a little spendy though. No urak-hai :rofl:

1 Like

I recently found this saved in my old stuff. I was really into Legos when I was younger. Much more than PkMn. I submitted builds to the magazine most every month, and eventually, I got featured in one! Thought you might get a laugh from 10-year-old-me’s floating head.

8 Likes

For my bust enjoyers

2 Likes

lego price increases showing hard for this one

2 Likes