Any other cards of a Pokemon Eating/Killing Another Pokemon

Saw this today. Couldn’t think of any other cards showing a pokemon eating another pokemon.

14 Likes

Carddass cards are notorious for their depiction of Pokemon brutality.

19 Likes

Wow! Nice catch, I didn’t think pokemon would put something so morbid into a card, especially in modern. If I see anything I will remember this thread and post it.

2 Likes

It’s not really eating another Pokémon.

That’s the gimmick of Cramorant, it picks up Arrokuda or Pikachu and spits them out.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Yep. Poor Charmander! :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

Does this count?

Although I guess it technically isn’t another Pokémon he’s catching to eat.

EDIT: Another one that came to mind is:

Again, technically it’s not a Pokémon, but I’m pretty sure Larvitar is eating a fossil of a Pokémon.

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

All Slowbro and Slowking are actually Shellder that are munching on a Slowpoke’s tail/head respectively, haha. :wink:

Also, not really eating or killing, but some viciously attacking artworks are in the Crimson Crisis set:

Also, does Sentret sucking on the udders of a headless and limbless cow count?.. It’s definitely disturbing to say the least:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

@pokeaddict84 Wow, the cards you posted are absolutely brutal for Pokemon standards, especially for modern!

There really aren’t many like that, these are two I just found flipping through my binder.

Sunkern is about to be eaten and Hitmonlee is literally standing on the victim it just knocked out/killed.
Does anyone have any idea what the other Pokemon beneath Hitmonlee could be? Should be from Gen 1… a very dark Doduo perhaps?

Yeah and other than that, Carddass really is your best option for Poke-gore by far!

7 Likes

With a brown tail like that, I’m guessing a Mankey underneath the Hitmonlee.

3 Likes

If you look at the foot on the bottom left of hitmonlee, it looks like a birds foot so I think doduo would be good guess, but I am not sure. As for the natta wake sunkern, nice find!

1 Like

If you count the Sunkern I guess this probably counts too. The fact Totodile has grass in his mouth suggests hes biting him rather than just chasing.

4 Likes

I’m also reminded of the 3 Gyarados cards that have Fishermen in them, though technically not a Pokemon. However, something I always imagined was that Manaphy was about to be consumed by Gyarados from BREAKpoint:

5 Likes

I don’t think Manaphy is being eaten, although it can indeed be imagined. I also have a similar feeling when I see the Magikarp in front of Wailord’s open mouth in this artwork, even though tag teams would suggest they’re working together instead of eating each other. :wink:

@muk @thymeee Could perhaps also be a Fearow below Hitmonlee? But Dodrio indeed sounds likely as well.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Lmao that poor sunkern. Anyone make a thread before with crying or sad Pokémon cards?

3 Likes

Hahaha these card arts are great!

I don’t think so, but would be a fun idea as well. We lately have a bunch of these kind of threads, like the thread with fat Pokémon and this one, and I personally really like them.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Wailords are actually baleen whales, which means they eat krill and schools of small fish. WIth magikarp having an average weight of 10 kgs, that does not specify as a small fish. This means that they are indeed working together as a tag team.

2 Likes

No access to imgur at the moment but try looking up Gobbled Up Pikachu 105/S-P promo on google if you want to see him all bothered about getting eaten.

Not been released yet, but already a hit on my book. :grin:

2 Likes

Something I’ve never thought of but this is cool. Are there any other gore-y / mature themed cards?