Ancient Mew... V5

www.pokebeach.com/2019/05/armored-mewtwo-revealed-in-corocoro-ancient-mew-promo-re-release

Just finished reading that a fifth version of the Ancient Mew Card will be available soon, which is pretty cool.

This card has definite nostalgia and many collectors can identify with this card as something cool in our childhood.

Hoping I can pick up a copy or two when they release. Also hoping it gets an English release and the insane amount of flipping won’t return like the Detective Pikachu cards.

7 Likes

My initial reaction is that it’s lame to remake the same artwork. I’d like to see something new as there’s already plenty of Ancient Mews out there.

4 Likes

I guess you loved evolutions then… and every Hyper Rare… and every re-print…

:rofl:

2 Likes

Now my favorite card is even more worthless haha thats okay ill just be able to buy it cheaper

2 Likes

Called it.

It’s good that it’s made easily accessible for younger collectors.

1 Like

What about an Ancient Mewtwo?

4 Likes

But that’s not what was distributed at the original movie? Like I see your point and Pokémon isn’t allergic to money so you can bank on an Armoured Mewtwo coming.

This is just an extra card (because the $5-10 copies already in existence are not affordable :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

That being said, I hope it comes in for English too so kids can get some free copies.

1 Like

This is good news. I’m sick of only the top 9 collectors and the Pharaoh having a copy.

5 Likes

I like the idea of re-releasing famous old cards. Especially lately it seems like Pokemon is leaning more into the collector side of the hobby, and stuff like this gets me excited more because of the possibilities for the future than the release of the actual card!

3 Likes

Free Patreon advice. If this is an exact copy of AM1 then Buy Nintedo Copies NOW.

But what are the chances of it being a carbon copy of the 1st one? Surely the year mentioned on the bottom would be 2019, right?

At least.

Yep, that’s in the article.

All for having another generation of playgrounds buzzing about the Ancient Mew and where it came from.

In retrospect I do understand this side of it. My comment was geared more towards the English version. I realize now that an original sealed Japanese pamphlet with the first printings of the card is a rare item, let alone the card itself. In that sense it’s cool I guess but I still think some kind of evolution to the artwork would be nice and refreshing given how common the English release of the card is.

Maybe we will get another error card out of it

1 Like

Please no, I can’t handle six Ancient Mews :laughing:

Hahaha we’ll see!

You know, seeing that Armored Mewtwo, I really hope they make that into a card! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

As a huge sucker for minor variations in my collections, I like that they distinguished the Ancient Mew with a new ©2019 date. @skinst @lof102 Looks like a new Ancient Mew variation for your collections soon. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes