Ancient Mew Error Marks (Not Nintendo)

Hello, I’m new to these forms so I hope I’m doing this correctly/appropriately. Recently I’ve been going through my vintage pokemon cards and I came across my ancient Mew card. I have three, but only one has the markings on top as shown in the photo below. Can anyone explain this? My best guess is the movie theaters showing the Pokémon Movie it came from had a bunch of punch out sheets and my card got these markings? It seems weird though as I have searched hours online/on eBay for an explanation and haven’t found one. Nor have I come across anyone selling one like this on ebay. Thank you for your help!

imgur.com/a/S1Rqd7u

i.imgur.com/K2yglNf.jpg

It got damaged when they crimped/sealed the cello pack.
I wouldn’t want it but someone may. It’s not worth much with or without it but maybe a little more with it:)

1 Like

Hello and welcome to e4!
This looks like crimping that came from the cellophane pack it was distributed in. Basically the card was partially in the way when the cellophane pack got sealed in the factory.
I haven’t seen it on an Ancient Mew yet, but it just happens sometimes in regular booster packs.

1 Like

Thank you both very much for the explanation. I appreciate your help! Glad to find a helpful form and I’m excited to get into collecting!

1 Like