An expensive or 2 less expensive?

So I have been wondering, from an investment perspective, would you buy 1 great expensive vintage Pokemon Box or get 2 still good ones but cheaper?

Example, buying an Expedition sealed box or getting a first edition fossil box + Gym Challenge unlimited box

Technically they are about the same price more or less, so what is your opinion?

Thank you for reading and sharing your opinion

Well, if this is a pure investment perspective with no regards to preferences due to tastes, this is very similar to buying stocks.

You can put all your eggs in one basket (buying one sealed box) versus diversifying your risk by putting investments into multiple products. This is just a matter of opinion.

A better question would probably be whether or not you think product 1 will increase in value faster than product 2 + 3. However, no one can answer this for you perfectly and it will be speculation.

Another thing is that by splitting your investment into two, it means that you will need more legwork in the future to ship the items, and effectively double your logistic costs for selling the same amount of value of “product”, which is something you should take into consideration.

Personally I prefer an Expedition sealed box versus a first edition fossil box + gym challenge unlimited, but that’s due to my personal preferences as a collector.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you Ditto and Kin for your opinion and insight (Y)

1 Like

Always happy to help, good luck with your investments! :blush:

In this instance, I would gamble with expedition…I see more potential with expedition.