Amiibo

I didn’t see another thread on this. I’m starting to collect the Super Smash Bros collection.

www.thenerdmag.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-amiibo-list/

Any amiibo collectors on here?

1 Like

I have, I’d say, two dozens of amiibos, but I don’t collect a specific series, and I open them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry for the least fun answer for a collecting thread as possible, but after acquiring a dozen or so for game features, I then discovered rewritable NFC chips and just started downloading the figurine data where I needed it. They’ve done some cool figures and I enjoyed keeping up with new releases for a period but don’t have the space for more plastic stuff sadly. My favourite one that I have is KK Slider though

KK is adorable, love it.

I’d say my top 3 are:

Link’s Awakening Link
E.m.m.i from metroid dread

and
Celica from Fire Emblem Echoes

2 Likes

At first I collected all the smash ones. waited overnight for morning releases… but after a while it got old. I enjoy some of the figures, and might buy one from time to time, but they take up too much space. heh. I’ve been selling off most of them, and just have the ones I really want to keep. They are some GREAT quality figures for the price though!

If I picked a few faves, they’d be
Samus returns Samus and Metroid
Callie and Marie
A few fire emblem chars and Bayo P2, for sentimental value

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll collect very many either for space reasons. I mainly like the nostalgia of them as they are like the trophies you got in super smash bros 64.

1 Like

I still need SR Samus and the baby metroid :slightly_frowning_face: they are so expensive :slightly_frowning_face: even loose :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I rarely pre-order, but when it’s metroid, I almost always do. Big fan of that series.

1 Like

I had to sell my whole videogame and card collection a few months before because I had to pay for cancer treatments, so, no can do. Started from the 0 both on videogames and cards in late 19

Sorry that happened to you. Hope you are doing better now. I can’t imagine having to go through that.

Sorry to hear that. :sob: I hope you are on the road to, or soon on the road to full recovery.

Getting better, some scares every now and then, but overall I’m fine now :blush:

4 Likes

Amiibos are cool but I think the more human the character is the worse the Amiibo is. So far my two favourites are the 8 bit Mario and Link ones, and it is nice to get some figures from the Mother series and other obscure Nintendo franchises.

2 Likes

Had almost a full collection except Qbby and the skylanders about a year ago. Since then Ive sold a bunch and am still needing to cut back on the mario series and zelda series. Always a fan of the original Smash Bros line.

2 Likes

I think you all with appreciate this. Had it commissioned years ago when the craze was really booming, but it was a true collaborative effort between artistic minds. I did the sketches, GandaKris did the model (she doesn’t do commissions anymore):

3 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous, damn

2 Likes

Big time amiibo collector. I had a sealed collection as well but i started selling those off last year. Its hard to display that many amiibos when I have statues that take up room too. This should be all the ones released in NA. I dont have the monster hunter ones though

5 Likes

Wow @deekboy , did you find any particularly difficult to obtain?

1 Like

i remember waiting in line for Jiggleypuff and Dr. Mario because they were target exclusives. I was lucky and found retail on the full first wave when they originally came out. The Link releases were a pain because Amazon was notorious for shipping them in flimsy packaging so I had 3 that got trashed in transit

2 Likes

I collect the Metroid series of amiibo, only need the Samus Returns set and I have them all, most of mine are sealed though, the only open ones I have are Samus and 2 ZSS

I do have a few other random amiibo too, they’re not too interesting though