All Cards Need Love

I thought it would be interesting for us to post the damaged cards that we all, are still willing to purchase and enjoy. It doesn’t need to be yours just damaged and purchased.

I just witnessed, this poor guy sell at auction for $1450. Glad he’s going to a good home.

12 Likes

4 Likes

I’m sorry, what?

4 Likes

Absolutely incredible that a card so damaged could sell for that much. It’s a testament to the never-ending demand for it.

9 Likes

1450$ probably made someone finally get his PSA1 to do a PSA1-10 set of Zards

4 Likes

it’s true, crazy but true.

Will PSA grade a card completely taped up?

Couldn’t agree more.

5 Likes

This thread is painful to me!! who treats their cards this way?

2 Likes

it’s more of a bitter sweet thread, mistreated cards finding forever homes.

3 Likes

7-year-olds.

7 Likes

I have a few base Venusaurs in very rough shape and bought them on purpose.

I love my PSA 3 gold star Rayquaza! Probably the best $20 I ever spent in this hobby…

https://instagram.com/p/BzRcviVFYUK

11 Likes

@fourthstartcg, is the back just in tatters? Front looks CLEAN!

3 Likes

It’s honestly a beautiful card. the back has some fairly significant edgewear and discoloration and there’s a crease running through about 3/4 of the card. But you wouldn’t know any of that from looking at the front, the holo is clean and the crease barely shows up. An understandable PSA 3, but a superb card for eye appeal!

2 Likes

Its weird to think I spent less on a PSA 9 1st edition Charizard than that one that looks like the dog got hold of it in the mail. So much has changed in the hobby in the past 5 years!

Beaut of a Ray @fourthstartcg, what a bargin!

2 Likes

Sweet jesus, did Scyther use cut?! :laughing:

1 Like

Some kid at the local card store tore it in half to prove it was real. The card store owner took it out of the garbage and is trying to nurse it back to life

1 Like

The load of laundry this poor Charizard went through might be the most costly load of laundry ever. :laughing:

2 Likes

My friend found his childhood collection recently and we found this beauty. I remember when were 11 his mom accidentally washed it:

8 Likes