A recent change to the Japanese XY era...

Just going to pop this image up here for all collectors of Japanese XY era. You may notice a startling detail that hasn’t been available until now…

Big thanks to @kkthxbai for alerting me to this and providing me with stock!

For everyone else playing along at home, every set numbered “XY(number)” is now available in unlimited. That’s XY1-XY11.

Charizard collectors, enjoy the hunt!

5 Likes

Would be nice to see the pop 1 on unlimited wild blaze zard. I don’t think there will be many unlimited boxes produced.

I wasn’t even able to wholesale, had to buy from pokemon company directly.

Looks awesome (:

1 Like

Neat!

Hopefully we’ll see the first edition boxes gain some value now. :wink:

Highly unlikely. Unlimited will still be far more scarce than 1ED in some sets.

Now if only English sets could bring back the 1st edition stamp my prayers would be answered but then again, they don’t care about my feelings :sob:

I’m glad nothing changes for me as Pikachu collector. :wink: Was worried for a tiny bit.

• XY (XY1) was already available in UED for a long time, and I already have that one.
  • Furious Fists and Roaring Skies Pikachus were released as Japanese Promos
  • BREAKthrough Pikachu was released as SneakPeak
  • Generations was already UED (20th anniversary set)

Hmm, does this also apply to the CP1-6? CP4 was already UED only; Shiny Collection was 1st edition only; but how about CP3 (Radiant Collection Full Art Pikachu) and CP6 (XY Evolutions), which are currently 1st edition only? Would love to see some XY Evolutions / CP6 in UED (more Base Pikachu Artwork variations! :grin: )

Greetz,
Quuador

I doubt it, 95% of all Japanese sets are way harder to find in UED compared to 1st.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

3 Likes

This doesn’t apply to CP sets. They were limited print and most completely unavailable at retail now =)