A Pokémon Roller Coaster Story - "Pack Fresh"

Hi friends! So today I decided to open some booster packs I had. One with a chance of being shadowless, and one not. To make a long story short, the pack with a chance of being shadowless was shadowless, but the rare was a Dugtrio. No harm done, I love Dugtrio.

The story truly begins and ends with the unlimited booster pack. An unsuspecting Cinnaminhbun ripped the top of the pack open, taking in every last crackle of nostalgia from the sound of the foil’s unmistakeable crinkles. The cards would smell of childhood, and perhaps his childhood dream of pulling the infamous Charizard card would come true.

But wait… what is this card back here?! It’s… red! Is it a Ninetales? I do hope it’s not a Ninetales. Could it be…

IT IS!

He shouts a profanity or two, excited beyond belief to pull what many consider to be the best card of the set from but one pack. Incredible! But something is amiss… Something doesn’t look right…

His joy turns to ash as he examines the back of the card. What even happened here?! No one can say. All that is known, is that the Cinnaminhbun is deflated, and no longer elated.

But nevertheless, he has pulled the card of his dreams. The 10-year old boy in him lived once again. Now he shall encase the card in the shields of PSA, fully accepting the 6 grade that awaits him. The card itself means too much to him. The term ‘pack fresh’, however, would no longer have any meaning to him.

The end.

:sob:

12 Likes

yessssss… noooooo…

1 Like

Touching. Filled with joy and tragedy, a true master piece.

Oh damn it’s flawless except for that !! Such a shame :slightly_frowning_face:

Nothing beats the thrill of at least pulling it yourself

Same thing happened to me; big dent in the size of the card, but with a 1999-2000 dated Charizard :sob:

That’s just so lucky!!! Despite the slight damage I’d say it’s a big win!
You got to pull a Base Set Charizard out of a loose pack!

2 Likes

Will always be a good memory and even though it’s got the dent it’s still pack fresh!

You could list is a n eBay as “Pack Fresh Dent” LOL

1 Like

Well, WOTC definitely had some of the worst printing quality in my opinion. The holos would be “pack fresh” and still have scuffs, and scratches… It was because the holofoil they used was so thin that it was easy to scuff and scratch. :slightly_frowning_face:

Great story though and I’m glad you got the zard!

Pokemon collecting’s Citizen Kane moment

true heart break right there. Better plot than a korean soap opera :slightly_frowning_face:

Might still geta 7 or 8… Very nice pull. Congrats!

It shouldn’t, but PSA seems to be blind these days… lol

That being said, there’s a lot of binder collectors that look for these mint looking cards with a very slight defect and they’d probably pay something like $100 for this card. I’m sure OP is going to keep that baby anyway. :blush: