A new era for Pokemon coin collecting?

Saw this on eBay’s sold listings,

www.ebay.com/itm/-/113158470217?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

This was under ‘TCG Cards’ which is kinda strange. Would you grade your coins?

2 Likes

I didn’t even know you could grade coins…very interested in this now

xxx

2 Likes

Lel, didn’t realize it was touched on already. Sorry!

1 Like

Pretty cool if you ask me. Is there any articles on these coins?

-Matthew

1 Like

Could add quite a bit of value to starter decks if they take off…

1 Like

Oh wow this is seriously cool, had absolutely no idea, as a former coin collector this is pretty big.

Although maybe a case for booster packs where the tab doesn’t have to be folded first? :unamused:

2 Likes

I’d figure it would be really tilting if the coin is not encased directly in the middle. A lot of collectors claim to be OCD, maybe this would test the limits :grin:

What about the actual metal ones ?

If by article you mean a PSA article dedicated to Pokémon coins, then no. :wink: But assuming you mean a checklist or thread with Pokémon coin variations, there certainly is:

@credits has this English coin checklist.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Wow this is seriously awsome

This is super cool! And that it’s PSA too, I love it :heart_eyes:
Definately going to consider sending something in!

Now I’m curious about that too :thinking: there are some amazing old school Pokémon metal coins I’d love to grade

That metal Lugia coin is iconic so I really hope so.

I’m sure there are people here who have some and could further clarify, but I went ahead and messaged a seller on ebay who had some and they told me that the coins don’t seem to shift in place at all and that the artwork is perfectly aligned which was a relief!

The cases also really remind me of my coin collecting days so I’m even more invested already.

1 Like

What!? This is awesome. I will definitely have to keep this in mind going forward!

I actually sent a coin submission today :blush:

1 Like