A different Topsun Pokemon chewing gum product

Found this old sealed box of Topsun Pokemon chewing gum in my garage today. (Apparently, chewing gum gets kind of moldy and nasty after being stored for 20+ years, haha.)

No cards came with these packs, but the art on the box and the gum wrappers is really cool.

I’ll probably break it open and try to remove the gum to salvage the nicer wrappers.

15 Likes

Excellent find in your garage. I am sure the humidity of Japan didn’t help it one bit against the mould.
Fingers crossed for some salvage.

2 Likes

@qwachansey Ever seen Chansey as a balloon? :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Lol those balloon Pokemon are super cute! Here is a picture of probably the earliest Topsun gum case featured in this blog from 1999. You can see the similarity!

2 Likes

According to the label, it’s “yogurt lemon” flavor!

3 Likes

taste it

You first.

Get some of the old packs and do a taste test and fungus roulette all in one go! Kidding, no need to spend money on more gum. XD

@japanime , nice stack of gum you’ve got there. I hope you take more pictures upon opening.

It’s interesting how Top Seika has released so many gum products for Pokemon over the years (products showing pokemon up until Sun and Moon).

A few I found interesting:

Little self assembly figures and gliders.

The 3D Card Series (Pokemon 3D Card Gum + Pokemon GBA 3D Card Gum).

These allowed for viewers wearing old style red and blue 3D glasses to see the image on each card in 3D.

And lastly, the Pokemon gum stamp sheets series. Viewable here thanks to the comprehensive images by @pokegasm .

I found it interesting to visit the Top Seika website using the webarchive to journey back and then forward in time, to glimpse new products and their descriptive entries. It contains snapshots from 2000-2013 for that page, and a few subsequent years via a different url.

5 Likes

Great post!I love those 3D cards!

Send the gum into PSA.

1 Like