Anyone have info on this item?

A friend was looking for more info about this card. Seems to be Korean and hard, almost like plastic. Thinking it’s something obscure but seems to be a official product unless totally fake!

1 Like

No idea what it is, but I love it and need one!

1 Like

Better pic of the copyright info

It’s a giveaway item from the Korean-based Chung Jung-won food company, which has used Pokemon branding on several of its products.

Top-Insight International is a Taiwan-based company that has held licenses for several Pokemon anime titles. The other names in the copyright notice should be familiar to most everyone here. The copyright notice itself is a bit wonky. The spacing in “T V Tokyo,” to begin with, and the fact that “JR Kikak” is missing the “u” at the end of “Kikaku.” However, it’s not unusual for Asian companies to get romanization wrong.

5 Likes

Yeah.
m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?isHttpsRedirect=true&blogId=loonsbe&logNo=120174474306 (half way down)(2012). I don’t know anything about them specifically. Seems like they came with a rice seasoning product or something similar.

The company 청정원 has changed their logo over the years. It’s good to keep in mind if anyone does research.

@japanime , Top Insight is a licensing agent. As you’ve said, they entered licenses for the asian market (excluding Japan).

I’ve been looking at a lot of products lately which were licensed through them.

Here are some examples:

Cheetos Pokemon Motion or Lenticular Cards from India

Pokemon Jenga Card Collection from India

Jenga Card Album
i.imgur.com/9JfC3GW.jpg

Cheetos Pokemon Motion or Lenticular Cards from India

Alpenliebe Pokemon lollipops (chase cards)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J_guafa-9Y

Alpenliebe Lollipop Stickers

Kissan jam, Kissan ketchup & other products.

Pokemon Indian Stickers (Free with Big Babol(bubblegum))

more tazos
https://instagram.com/p/BdcnrucghrI

Mix
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt5R2-f_b20
Reddit - Dive into anything
Reddit - Dive into anything

recollection blog
kunal24borah.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/uncle-chips-pokemon-and-a-colourful-childhood/

Those are all Indian examples.

But these bottle caps from Thailand are also pretty neat.
wiki.pokemoncentral.it/Tappi_a_corona_della_Pepsi_Pok%C3%A9mon_Thailandia

4 Likes

I actually remember these from childhood. They’re collectible cards that came in fried rice seasoning packets. The seasoning is like Japanese Furikake and it was just a collaboration they did with Pokemon.
The Pokemon theme was visible on the packaging and it came with one of the cards you have.

All pictures were pulled from Google.

4 Likes