Anybody recognize this charizard

imgur.com/a/9Lzi5
via Imgur for iOS

1 Like

I have access to this sealed card but I’ve never seen one before and being a Charizard collector well, that’s odd.

Anybody have a clue?

It’s kinda hard to tell because of the blurry image, you can’t read the text at all. Is the front any different?

If I had to guess it’s probably bootleg, but I can’t be sure for now.

Never seen it before :open_mouth:
@hazard24

1 Like

True but it’s the best pic he could do. I was hoping someone recognized it based on those cutouts in the card cause it’s so unique.

If that was seriously the best picture he could take then this Charizard must be Bigfoot or an Alien.

All I can tell you is that it has the orange logo that Pokémon uses for Asian distribution (outside of Japan, obviously). Could be a free item given away at 7-11 in Thailand, for example. Saw Pokémon toys there using the orange logo.

This card is also reminiscent of a tazo, a kind of pog.

Hope some of that helps.

3 Likes

Can he take a photo of the other side?

From what I reckon this could be an Indian TCG card. Red logo is oriental distribution for sure, like Joe said before

1 Like

Some sort of tazzo or flippo imo

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Charizard = Snack apparently. Thanks anyway.

Interesting. The guy is Indian. Do you think there’d be any value, especially if he had a full set of them?

Ive known an indian guy trying to sell some sealed indian TCG packs. Market demand is 0 and he was selling those like gold, only because they were oddities. So I gave up…
Your card has a different layout from what I have seen time ago(I need to find that old conversation), Ill post updates when I can, on here

Click on that Imgur link :blush:
Not base set cards so… but still indians

2 Likes

Wow those are exactly like the Charizard one. Very neat!

Thanks to the lead @hazard24 gave, I was able to figure it out. It is in fact, a Pokemon Jenga Card. Came in packs of chips during the Pokemaina days from what I can gather. Here’s an article I found that mention them, other than that they seem pretty niche with little information on them. Their Tazo siblings are less obscure though.
holidaywrightalbum.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-pokemon-phenomenon-and-me.html

6 Likes

Thanks brother…

This has been some excellent crowdsourced detective work. Good job!

4 Likes

Absolutely. That’s what makes efour the best…

2 Likes