7 Snap Promo Cards Up For Grabs

saw this on twitter. maybe someone has a link on where it can be found. really curious to see where these end up. condition seems decent.

9 Likes

All I could find is a Charmander if you have a chunk of change lying around……

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v1046770582

Assuming this would be a private auction house listing somewhere for something of this value

These are not really available anymore. The store requested serious buyers DM their offer amounts on Twitter and after negotiations, they could then purchase from the store. They were seeking at least $100k per starter and declined 8M yen on all others but Koffing. Magi has now found offers they are happy with for every card (possibly not on Koffing, but someone will likely have messaged since last night, poor guy is underrated) and is no longer soliciting offers/DMs. So unless someone fails to pay or a transaction falls through, they are not for sale.

The process was strange but seems to have worked for them in terms of reselling within 48 hours without having to deal with grading.

12 Likes

i like the koffing artwork :blush:

4 Likes

They all look to be in great condition considering their age. Incredible. I wonder what the accepted offer for the Articuno and Gyarados were.

1 Like

@bugcatcherjohn, me too (though maybe I shouldn’t for my own good); if I don’t hear anything on the grapevine, I will bug them in a few weeks

1 Like

I would love to get the Bulbasaur and Articuno. It’s unfortunate that I’m poor and need food to live.

1 Like

Logan Paul shaking in his chair right now

2 Likes

Why does Koffing get so much hate? Really looks like he’s trying to blast out a poison gas fart - funny

1 Like

You have two healthy kidneys and 2 healthy retinas no?

3 Likes

Crazy, they are all so clean (PSA 9, maybe even 10 IMO). Wow congrats to whoever picked them up.

Anyone have the link to view them?

This is why I’ve worked very hard to minimize my metabolic rates and biological functions to the bare minimum, so that I can survive on minimal food and afford, these ultra-chase cards… Unfortunately, my new state of being requires that I meditate for 12 hours each day, and I have no time to enjoy them…

2 Likes

/photo/1

dang, these guys are on a roll

2 Likes

I think it would be cool if they gave me these cards, for free.

1 Like

Shame none of these were/are on display. Would have liked to have seen them in person.

Psychedelic masterpiece.

3 Likes

In a situation like this, why not grade them? Do they need/want to sell fast? Are they hoping to maximize profit without needing to worry as much about condition? Are graded versions a bit moot with such low populations? Afraid of the risk of shipping and them getting lost?

1 Like

@shadowrex, my understanding of the Japanese collector market (the little amount that is) is that they place little value on grading. I’m sure there was enough Japanese demand they didn’t feel the need to grade

2 Likes