7/14/12 - Ash's/May's/Brock's Starters

I’m pretty sure that the Treecko is the most common one, with two of them on eBay currently, and the other two are rarer. Though, I’m not positive about this.

Have any info behind these cards? :blush:

Those are very cool looking cards! I’d love to learn more about them.

Ash’s Treecko, May’s Torchic and Brock’s Mudkip were apart of the ADV-P Promotional card expansion.
These cards were distributed as a promotional bonus card through the August 2003 issue of Shōgakukan Magazine.
My personal favourite is May’s Torchic, it’s just so cute.
Link to Bulbapedia

Awesome cards - here are scans of the Shogakukan Mag inserts with the sealed cards

How do you fight the temptation to peel them? :0 I could never have sealed stuff, especially boosters.

Those are pretty neat! Awesome job on obtaining and keeping all three sealed.

Those are some beautiful promos. I’ll have to add them to my list of Japanese promos that I need :stuck_out_tongue:

@tolan~ I just keep my booster collection in tins in the corner of my room. If I can’t see them, I won’t be tempted to open them :3

Misty’s?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you mean May. :wink:

Damnit xD I just finished watching the first season of Pokemon, so Misty is in my head xD

Another typo - Isn’t July the 7th month, not the 8th month? So the correct date should be 7/14/12 :stuck_out_tongue:

True xD I was just going off the 2nd most recent one.

I live in the UK and we have our dates the ‘proper’ way -
Date/Month/Year

I started doing it this way since DJ who first started the Card of the Week had it this way. Since he also lives in the UK

So it was not a typo, the way you have it now is. :wink:

God, you UKers are so weird. Weird dates, weird accents, wrong side of the road. Get over yourself ;D

I kid of course :blush:

Hahah here in Canada we abide by all UK customs other than driving on the left side of the road :stuck_out_tongue:. We adopt the addition of “u” to words like colour, parlour, favourite, honourable. We also add “o” or “a” to words like archaeology, aesthetics, paediatrics, foetal. We spell our dates in the same order as they do, and of course we use the metric system like they do. We’re a British colony for those who don’t know. I always thought the Americans had weird ways of doing things lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Foetal? What? How do you pronounce that? …What?

Regardless of where everyone lives, English Pokemon cards first came out in America, so all English cards should be dated according to the (superior) American dating system.
Now, you may be wondering, “What is the official US date format?” Well, it is: Month/Day/Year.

But now you are arguing, “This is a Japanese card thread, not US so we shouldn’t use the American format! Back to UK!”
Well if this is the case, should we not be using the Japan date format of Year/Month/Day as pointed out by DJ?

In conclusion, we should be using the date format set forth by ISO 8601. This format is neither US or UK, but rather the one used by Japan!

So, from this moment on, I propose that all Card of the Week threads be dated using the international date format of:
YYYY/MM/DD or Year/Month/Day.

lol foetal (fee-tul) is like “fetal pig” for those who took biology. It’s just the British spelling.

Daelum, I was just kidding, no need to Exploud lol. :blush:

That’s strange how I have never actually noticed the Japanese have their dates like that.
That’s my Fun Fact of the day!