Question about two cards

Hey all,

I’ve had someone contact me via Facebook who is interested in having their cards graded. The person showed me the following two cards for which I cannot identify or find a background for.

Can anyone here help with the identification and release of these two cards as well as a possible valuation?

1 Like

Here’s the bulbapedia links to them and a link from a discussion regarding these cards a little while back :blush:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Torchic_(EX_Ruby_%26_Sapphire_73)

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mudkip_(EX_Ruby_%26_Sapphire_60)

www.elitefourum.com/t/euro-pop-tournment-card-list/13025/1

1 Like

Thanks. Any idea on their worth?

www.ebay.com/itm/Mudkip-005-Torchic-006-Treecko-007-Euro-Pop-Tournament-Promos-PSA-Pokemon-Cards-/171833403529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item280211a889&nma=true&si=otVkC1awDJKqizZG%252B4xpR07uq%252Fw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 Like

@smpratte has two sold listings at $40.00 and $24.00 on eBay for PSA 8 graded copies of the Treecko.
An ungraded Torchic sold at what comes out to approximately $31.
An ungraded Mudkip sold at what comes out to approximately $26.00.

This all said, I believe the general idea you might get from this sells them a bit short. For a solid condition, NM/M+ or Mint set, I think individual values would be closer to 30 on Treecko and 40 on each Torchic and Mudkip. Traditionally, the Treecko has had more available copies. I’m not sure why this is, but it is certainly true.

And if they get 10’s, let me know. :wink:
I think I currently have the highest graded set and I’d love to replace my 9’s.

3 Likes

These cards are some of my absolute favorites. :blush: Charlie is correct on the value. In my personal experience, Torchic has been the hardest to find, but both Mudkip and Torchic seem to have had fewer copies printed than Treecko.