40 years since Empire Strikes Back was released

Arguably the best Star Wars movie, and one of the greatest movies of all time in general (No. 17 on IMDB rating).

Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood, almost at the same level as Pokemon. I remember playing Lego Star Wars and Star Wars Battlefront II on Playstation 2 with friends back in the mid 2000s, and loved it so much. The original trilogy has always been my favorite movies, and I’ve lost count how many times I’ve watched them.

Do you have any memories with Star Wars? I would love to hear some stories.

Have a great day!

9 Likes

I remember them being released…… and also years later showing them to my kids and they liked them.
I wasn’t allowed by my parents to see the first movie in the cinema.
Never stopped loving Science fiction. Star Wars, Star Trek, Close encounters of the third kind, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, The Jetsons and Asimov please yes.

1 Like

Star Wars has always been a huge part of my life, and is definitely the franchise after Pokémon I follow most. It’s an interest I’m able to share with my dad. We’re big fans of the first six films and Rogue One.

My earliest memory of Star Wars is being taken to the Empire Strikes Back rerelease in theaters in 1997. I grew up buying and breaking every lightsaber toy I could get. Good memories!

2 Likes

I loved star wars as a kid. I was born in 1978 but was such an early fan that my parents took me to see return of the jedi in the movie theatres when I was 5. star wars figures were probably the very first figures that I collected and I still have almost all of them. NOT in collectible condition but very sentimental and will likely be passed down to my son someday when he’s old enough not to wreck them.

I will always like star wars and have seen every last movie but my passion for it probably peaked for it when I was a kid. then for a very brief time it had a resurgence with the new movies and when my kids got into it. my two older kids at 5 and 7 have already moved on to other things. empire strikes was actually my least favorite star wars movie back in the day but I can appreciate it more fully as an adult. and that’s not to say I have ever not loved it… it was like 1a (original), 1b (return of the jedi) and 1c (empire)

5 Likes

Right after Pokemon, Star Wars is my next favorite franchise. My favorite movie was Revenge of The Sith. My favorite memories of star wars was going to see the re-release of episode 1 in 3D when I was 12 and going to see the clone wars movie at the drive in when I was 8 (bad movie, but it was the beginning of my favorite show). Other than collecting pokemon cards I build Star Wars lego sets. My favorite video games are the Ps2 lego star wars games.

Even though the sequel trilogy wasn’t that good, i’m glad Dave Filoni is able to have the freedom to work on his shows for Disney+.

3 Likes

I read a book that said the finale to Revenge of the Sith is the greatest work of art of the past 30 years(published in 2012). I am convinced- George Lucas is a genius. I love the original and prequel trilogies.

Is Revenge of the Sith the greatest work of art in our life time?

Book:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glittering_Images

2 Likes

I loved all the Star Wars Series/Movies but instantly when I see Empire Strikes Back (or Star Wars in General), I think of N64 lol cuz I am a gamer. This game always comes to my mind, I loved it!

Downloading now… lol

2 Likes

Empire strikes back is such a classic. I’m glad the original trilogy was a part of my childhood.

The Mandalorian series was epic! The future is bright for Star Wars live action.

2 Likes

watch empire at least three times a year. so magical.

1 Like