3rd Print Fossil

Anybody have a rough idea on the value of these? Ebay hasnt provided any guidance
Any private sales would be greatly appreciated.

I think the challenge is that not a lot of people know about them to begin with, so there is very low mainstream interest. People who do know about them are likely to be set collectors interested in assembling the full set of them (as it exists). So there is probably not much of a market for individually graded rares unless someone has a passion for that particular Pokémon and is collecting all the prints.

That doesn’t mean they’re not valuable, but they will be a challenge to sell. I encourage you to include a detailed description about why the 2000 copyright is rare and special. You want to try to catch the attention of someone who has never heard of them before. Since there is basically no market, you have the opportunity to set an asking price and see what happens. But I would enter it willing to be flexible and have no expectations. I think this is a real “see what you can get” situation.

Edit: These are very cool, by the way. One of my favorite niche prints.

1 Like

I bought a bunch of these cards but that was precovid so prices have certainly changed.
The rares are rather popular and can easily demand the same prices of their unlimited holo counterparts and possibly even more but nothing significant. Precovid PSA 9 c/uc I could find for 40-50$ per. Hopefully someone has a more recent price for you.

1 Like

Thankyou both, appreciate the response.

I guess these are very very niche to the point that @stagecoach, outlined.

I run in to similar problems selling cards like thick stamp 1st Edition Base Set Machamp. To the average collector, all of these cards are 1st Edition. To the more experienced collector, shadowless is worth distinguishing. But trying to leverage that thick stamp is the real, actual 1st Edition print of the card and therefore should be worth more is difficult. When you get in to nuances this minor, you rely on buyers with an awareness and respect for those nuances. They’re not always the most populated demographic. That’s why I highly encourage a detailed description because these are cards you’ll have to make a case for.