Matchprints on EBay (common/trainer only)

Some Matchprints have appeared on eBay and I’m wondering if people think at these prices this would be a good potential pick up?

I mean, if you don’t pick one up at 2k you probably never will pick one up haha

7 Likes

Theyve been listed for over a year. If they were good value they wouldve been snapped up ages ago.

8 Likes

Offer $1000 and see what happens. These are niche of the niche of the niche

6 Likes

Agreed with others here. Almost impossible to know the true market value for these types of niche items. If it is your cup of tea, I would send in offers because they rarely come up.

These are the easiest to find out of the set. Never a great selling point. Yes obviously very rare but these are just spares.

Yes easiest to find but still max 4 copies created and a few only 3, I believe? I’d be more excited about a pokemon than the commons but I think someday these will be more appreciated. Like all niche things!! I can dream…

Better to have the 2 pop 3s and leave the 3 pop 4s. No harm in having a chat with the seller.

1 Like

Ehh… I read this. Thanks for sharing but it just sounds like someone who is disappointed they can’t get the card. There is no evidence in their article or that I’ve seen that these can actually be duplicated. Anything can be faked but you can tell it’s a fake. This write up has a lot of conjecture.

1 Like

Yeah that bit isnt what i sent it for. It was the list of how many of each card there is.

1 Like

Oh gotcha! Thanks!

Would you want to complete a whole set or happy just to have the pop 3/4s?

I definitely wouldn’t try to complete a set - I’m sure it’s near impossible. I’m happy with just 1. There’s a Charmeleon in a custom psa encapsulation listed at 12k I made an offer but didn’t expect to be accepted. To my surprise, seller accepted at 3.5k. Not sure if I’m overpaying

1 Like

Thats way cooler for sure. Can i see the listing i never noticed that was even up.

2 Likes

I have to say that your comment is a bit off, pichufan definitely could have gotten the card so it’s not written out of bitterness (his collection is phenomenal even though he has started to downsize) but he just pointed out the difference between faking an actual card and faking a matchprint card since the difficulty between them differs a lot, i think it’s an important thing to point out especially if these gain popularity

4 Likes

For more context: DIY Matchprint cards

And the most important post from there, probably

Bonus points to the undisclosed CGC employee for actually posting this in that thread

XRF machines are used by some local Pawn or Jewelry shops to differentiate chemical compounds in metals. This machine can be used for anything, and if I recall hearing CGC Cards is using this type of technology to help determine authenticity of collectibles that come through their door.

3 Likes

Thanks for additional info, didn’t remember it already had such wide thread about it. Tbh i feel like that discussion started to have more feelings to overrun facts since the topic was so controversial. And some people treated the topic a bit unfairly even though i understand it had some questionable elements in it (which pichufan stated too and was very open about it), but i know people here had some disagreements with him which may have led to tone of topic like that

Thank you, I didn’t catch that. I appreciate his efforts.