1999-2000 3rd print fossil

Finding out how many full or partial sets of 1999-2000 3rd print fossil exist. I personally have 100s of cards but am missing articuno 17/62.

1 Like

I know of two full sets: one in this article from 2013 and one in scratchdesk’s collection (since 2017), But unfortunately printing numbers aren’t exactly known for English Pokémon sets in general I’m afraid, so how many full or partial sets exist is probably not too easy to determine.

Best of luck locating the Articuno, though. When you complete it, please make a collection thread to share it. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Thanks for the links nice seeing them. I’ve come across several people with full and partial sets. Thought I’d try to see how many we could find that I dont know about and pull the lot together. Also now psa recognises the set the number of graded cards is slowly growing but many will be in the unlimited cases still so maybe anyone who has graded 1999-2000 fossil in old cases can post what they have and give a clearer picture of the true pop. There aren’t many unlimited rares graded really especially as psa 10s so I expect the pop is very low for 3rd print but which cards are rarer than others would be super interesting to find out. For starters some of my set are graded but the only one that is in the old case is a psa 10 aerodactyl.

1 Like

Sorry Quuador forgot to say thanks for wishing me well with articuno. Also thinking about it some more this goes for all niche prints ie 1999-2000 base set of which I have a psa 10 hitmonchan which is v rare but again its all guesswork as to which are harder to find than others. The unlimited pops help with a rough idea if we just guessed a percentage and assigned it to all but I bet at least one defies that. My personal opinion on that is clefairy is harder to find than chansey yet chansey is a lower pop in psa 10.

1 Like

Thinking about it again, I think both @thecharizardauthorty and @gemmintpokemon might have full graded sets as well. I know Zach (GemMintPokémon) also has all Fossil Cosmos Holofoil Rares in PSA-9 (except for the Hitmonlee which is a PSA-8 and he’s looking to replace), but I can’t remember if he showed all 1999-2000 graded cards in his collection before.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

My 2 graded sets of Fossil 1999-2000 are public here: www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/composite/22045

5 Likes

Thanks Quuador and TCA Gaming. I’m going to ask the other set and partial set holders if its OK to mention them on here. If yes then great if not ill just say there is a set or partial set. If a group of us start putting info out more can find out about this set and also can do the same for base set 1999-2000 and anything else niche that we think of.

1 Like

Thanks DJGigabyte I saw your youtube vid about your journey collecting the set it was very good. I’ve started another thread where we can list all fossil and base 1999-2000 in the old label cases so we can get a better idea of the true psa pop of both sets.

With me at the moment, I have a Arbok that came back from PSA not to long ago.

I’ve also got 30 more currently at PSA.

2 Likes

Thanks GemMint10 very useful and here’s a link to another part of this that I’m working on… www.elitefourum.com/t/psa-fossil-1999-2000-copyright-and-base-set-1999-2000/34380/1

I’m 9 cards short of the full 47, still seeking them when I can find them (just need Aerodactyl, Articuno, Dragonite, Haunter, Hitmonlee, Hypno, Kabutops, Magneton and Moltres.

1 Like

This is cool as the more sets and partial sets that come to light the better the chances everybody has of upgrading their set or completing their set. Work together :blush:

Some price data which may help.

I sold a CGC 8.5 Magneton for 1k AUD.

1 Like

The more info on these cards the better so everybody feel free to add anything you feel brings extra to this set. Thanks cosrob. Records of real sales on niche sets like this is excellent information.

Having a think about cosrobs post. If there was somewhere where everybody could draw resource from about 1999-2000 fossil and base set then prices would sort themselves out. Let’s all come together and add everything about these two great variants in one place. :blush:

Update. I now have articuno so have a full set. Lots of partial sets. Main goal now is to upgrade. Pics of my set. imgur.com/gallery/m9CBNRj

7 Likes

I’m still trying to understand how people find these, i’m struggling so hard to find that damn 3rd print muk :E

1 Like

Update. Second set complete. Managed to find a second articuno its taking a while to get here from Singapore so I’ll do pics of both sets when it does.

5 Likes

2 psa 10s. 45 to go lol.

1 Like

Its actually 3 psa 10s but 2 are raichu and ones aerodactyl. So 2 different 10s. imgur.com/gallery/BWBwwHF