2010 Pokémon Card Design Contest japan

Sounds like they could be worth even more. How many are there in the set?

10 I think

Well 10*1000 does equal 10,000 so I guess they’re right

yah but the pikachu illustrator is avalable for 10,000 and they are not ase rare and also I cant see them sell for 10,000 espechally in the econmy now

I just saying what they said but I guess it’s because the pikachu illustrator is one card and this is a set of 10 cards and these seem to be related to the pikchu illustrator card as they were from design contests similar to the illustrator card

The 2009 Pichu & Arceus card design contest set involves a total of 13 cards (not 10 cards). The information is in the bulbapedia article mentioned by themagickookie when he started this thread:
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Illustration_contests

According to this article, the winning illustrations of the 2009 Pichu & Arceus card design contest were released as six Pichu and seven Arceus cards in July 2009, all unnumbered promo cards.

The six Pichu cards (with winning illustrations) are shown at the bottom of this page, last six cards:
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spiky-eared_Pichu_M_(Movie_Random_Pack_Promo_9)

The seven Arceus cards are shown here, again at bottom of page, last seven cards:
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arceus_(DPt-P_Promo_41)

And then there is the 2010 Illusion’s Zorua and Illusion’s Zoroark card design contest. A total of 10 winning illustrations were released as unnumbered L-P promo cards (six Zorua and four Zoroark).

The six Illusion’s Zorua cards are shown here, last six cards:
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Illusion%27s_Zorua_(L-P_Promo)

The four Illusion’s Zoroark cards are here, last four cards:
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Illusion%27s_Zoroark_(L-P_Promo)

Interestingly, the 2010 Zorua and Zoroark contest also involved winner’s prize cards.

Illusion’s Zorua winner’s prize card:
archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a3/026199_P_GENEINOZOROA.jpg

Illusion’s Zoroark winner’s prize card:
archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5d/026200_P_GENEINOZOROAKU.jpg

Apparently the winner’s prize cards come in sealed sets of two (one Zorua and one Zoroark). Such a set sold earlier today:
page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r72544011

According to the text of that auction, 660 sealed sets of two were released.

Yeah I really dont think they are on the level of the illustrator.

Wow I saw that auction yesterday, and thought nothing of it. I would have purchased it =/

I think that in-terms of how well known the cards are that Illustrator would win out but, the design contest cards consist of 13 different cards so I do believe that they could be in Illustrator’s price range if there really are only 10 sets out there.

Candymanm has a video of the Pichu / Arceus set:

And some of the cards are now hitting ebay:
shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=pokemon+illustrator+contest&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Congratulations to themagickookie for starting this thread. It’s getting many page views these days—if the numbers are true.

1 Like

Is this gamecard (the eBay seller) the same person who is on this site? Because the prices are…

yes that is candyman aka 911gamecard and gamecard on this site and dogma what are the prices? to high?

I am not a huge fan of these prices. Sorry, compare the Y!J auction daria won and then gamecard’s prices. Quite frankly, they seem like they are a total rip-off

I’m not so sure about that I mean yes they were high compared to what they were previously won for but, if you think about it, Viper.Fox did say that this was the first time she ever saw them and that the seller probably didn’t know the real value which was why they were sold so at such a low price. I personally have my eye on the new set of these when they come out but, if there really are 10 sets in the world then it really isn’t a bad price I just think Daria got lucky (soon I will too, I hope!)

Wow! I just noticed the amount of views this topic has, how does this tread have so many when no other one even comes close to the amount of views this has?

thats beacuse I made it lol
and gamecard also got them at that price

Yeah but, both were sold by the same seller and if they really did know the winners then they may have been able to get them off of them for a good price and then sell them online. If 10 sets do really exist then I believe that that they are around the correct price. But, I don’t think we will really know how much they are worth until another person besides the same seller comes out with them to sell

I think they are woth that but I don’t think they will sell for that no not even close.

I wouldn’t be so sure I know lots of people who might buy them. I know I’m kinda interested but, I think I’ll wait til I see the new ones I’m really interested in those

they are too new. I also think that since they are only a few years old I don’t think Manny people know about them and there for wont search for them