2002 Pokemon Expedition

I was browsing through the 2002 Pokemon Expedition cards and noticed that Feraligatr has a super cool art I really like.

However, I noticed that it shares the same art with another card in the same set. Their set numbers are 12 and 47 respectively.

I did some research and apparently one of them is holo and another is not. However, each card has a revers holo version as well, and I can hardly identify the difference. I would really appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on how those cards differ.

Feraligatr, among others, was printed both as a holo rare and a rare card in the Expedition set. Both versions were also printed as reverse holos. The reverse holos can be distinguished with the set number, or the color of the e on the bottom left, gold being the holo rare and blue being the rare version.

1 Like

@gemmintpokemon just made a nice video where he explained the difference:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! I thought the set number was the only way to differentiate the two, completely missed the color of the “e”.

Thanks for the video!

You can compare it to the holo’s & rares in Jungle & Fossil. They also have the same artwork but different numbers.

I’m really disappointed in myself for not knowing about the difference in the e in the bottom corner until now! That’s crazy.

1 Like