2000 JR Stamp Rally Mewtwo

Hey everyone, this my first post here on the forum! I was wondering if PSA (or any other grading company) makes any distinction between the 2000 JR Rally Mewtwo or do they just classify it the same as the regular Wizard’s promo. I’ve only seen the Eevee with that difference, I got these a while ago and thought it would be nice to eventually grade them, thanks!

PSA doesn’t grade most “Japanese English” cards with a unique label unless they are significantly different. I know they grade Rally Eevee and maybe Meowth? But to my knowledge they would just grade Mewtwo as the Black Star Promo because the difference is so incredibly slight.

1 Like

Hi,

CGC does differentiate this variant on the card label but strangely not on the cert details.
www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/3861004050/

1 Like

Awesome thanks yall. I assumed PSA didn’t differentiate the Japanese promo from the English since they’re so similar. just wanted to be sure.

They do not - the mewtwo (as far as I know) is indistinguishable from the other release via Nintendo Power. The Eevee is easily distinguishable by the non holo background/pattern which I find to be even more stunning than the holo promo. I ran into a couple of these packs the other day myself and had to open them!

Just for any readers, it is indeed distinguishable. It’s just very slight. When you put them side by side, the Japanese one has a lighter color compared to the US one. You would never be able to tell without having them both in hand however, which is why I’m sure PSA doesn’t recognize it.

2 Likes

Great info - thank you!

agree, i absolutely love both of these cards. i was thinking of keeping them sealed for now since i love all the pieces together. really cool to look through the book and see all the pages that were stamped over 20 years ago.