1st Edition Neo Genesis Double Swirl Collection

Hey guys! Some of these are posted in the double swirl thread, but I figured I’d make my own post to document my collection as it grows. My main goal is to acquire the Neo Genesis set with double swirls in a PSA 9. Unfortunately I’ve only seen 10 out of the 19 holos with double swirls so getting those 10 is my goal. Still missing Typhlosion 17 and Metal Energy in a PSA 9. Here’s what I have so far in 9s and above.

PSA 9:

BGS (Might be a goal to get these in a 9 as well):

CGC (This one didn’t cross to a PSA 9 so will crack and send it to BGS next):

23 Likes

Awesome collection! So interesting that many of the double swirls are stacked on top of each other

3 Likes

This is such a neat collection goal. Those cards look great! I really hope you’re able to find the other ones - they’ve gotta be out there somewhere just waiting for you to give them a home.

2 Likes

thank you! i believe this is the only set that has the swirls in that position.

thank you so much! ive definitely missed out on a few, but the only thing I can do is be patient and keep looking. I have a few of them sourced, but theyre a bit out of my price range for now.

Really cool to see these all together, @seeingdubble! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

thanks Dyl! didnt have the energy to post my sub 9 cards lol.

So awesome @seeingdubble . I have the same comment as tealdawn that its amazing the swirls are stacked like that. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers!

P.S. Your username is based of this collection idea yes?

2 Likes

Thanks so much! The swirls in that position are unique to about half the 1st edition neo genesis set. A few of the other sets have two swirls, but this one is my favorite by far. Yeah lol. These cards are pretty much the focal point of my collection so I had to pick a fitting name.

1 Like

Added another Slowking. Probably the cleanest copy out of the three. I also cracked the cgc 9.5 Jumpluff and sent it to BGS so we’ll see how that goes.

11 Likes

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

So is this a weld line in the holo foil thats causing the double swirl or did the holo foil have 2 close together like that normally? Super dope cards and love the unique idea of your collection!

This is awesome, never seen ones like this before. Thanks for sharing, and hope you find more!

Good question. There’s a weld line and it’s right above the bottom swirl. It’s the end of the sheet and the beginning of another pretty much. Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

Thank you! Just a few more and I’m done.

That Ampharos is really impressive seeing as how it has always been hard to see the holo on that card to begin with.

1 Like

It was definitely hard to see lol. Here’s the listing picture:

4 Likes

Decided to add my sub 9 copies.

9 Likes

Just got this Jumpluff in and its a huge addition to my PSA 9 set.

7 Likes

Got this one a while ago, but forgot to add it here. Still looking for a PSA copy.

8 Likes