1st Edition Neo Genesis Double Swirl Collection

i’ve seen swirl collecting but this is the first time i’ve seen someone so dedicated to double swirls… didn’t know holos could look that good!!

3 Likes

Thank you! Swirls aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I really enjoy hunting and collecting these.

1 Like

Stoked to see your collection! I got a Typhlosion a while back that I’m sending to PSA but besides that I’ve only seen a couple on here a few months back (likely yours) and a youtube video of a guy showing a graded Typhlosion. I’m hoping that since PSA started acknowledging the “double holo” for Neo Rev, they will also do it for these which are actually a double holo.

2 Likes

Good to see you here man! That t17 you have looks awesome. I havent seen a psa label with the double swirl being recognized yet, but i know cgc does it. I would rather have it in a psa slab though lol.

CGC recognizes double swirls? I can’t believe that.

1 Like

Only one I’ve seen so far:

4 Likes

That is the strangest thing that I’ve ever seen added to a card label. I guess CGC will grade and label anything.

2 Likes

Is that not where people put their own text? i.e. Chumlee from Pawn Stars apparently does something with pokemon cards and grading, and he has a bunch of slabs with his name on the backs.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not a fan of it all. It’s not classified as an error so not sure what’s going on with it. Like do the swirls have to be full swirls? Too many variables lol.

Seems like something that they were doing to appease the submitter. I doubt they’ll continue doing it moving forward.

That’s what I’m thinking. Like @Casholimpa said, probably a one off thing.

Finally found Pichu in a PSA 9:

14 Likes

Beautiful copy!

1 Like

thank you!