God-Tier Holo Orbs

Ok, swirls are cool and all but let’s be honest, big orbs? Hottest thing, right up there with swirls, nay, even better than swirls.

I’m going to start this thread off with this balling gengar (pulled from discord convo, idk where the regular scan is, I’ll update it whenever I bother looking)

If you have any hot orbs in your area please share :disguised_face:

Orbs of Fame
STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION SHHH

^This one also has a ninja star!

34 Likes

How about an orb with a ring around it. :grin: I have already posted it in the swirl thread before since there wasn’t another suitable place, but I had never seen this type of holo before until I came across it in my collection (it’s a Portuguese HeartGold & SoulSilver Holofoil Rare in case anyone’s wondering).

Greetz,
Quuador

49 Likes

@quuador to be honest, that foil looks similar to the modern day cosmos foil that’s used on promos. It’s so weird that back in HGSS they used a different foil from the normal cosmos foil (considering it’s likely it was printed in the same factory as English and the cardstock would have at least come from the same location?) But it looks more like Saturn.

Saturn orb is very god tier.

1 Like

Cool thread idea, Orbs need love too! This one is hard to miss and has nice placement within the art

& another huge one on this Gyarados
Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

12 Likes

Actually, Portuguese cards after the WotC era were printed in Brazil by the company Copag (and sold in both Brazil, as well as in Portugal for some of the early Nintendo sets - imported by the distributed Devir). So it’s plausible these rings are unique to Portuguese Holofoil cards (of the HGSS era even perhaps), and the orb is just in the perfect position. But it’s also possible rings can be found on other languages as well and it’s just a coincidence. I honestly don’t know, but it does look pretty cool regardless, and I indeed consider it a god tier orb/Saturn. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Ok, orbs and swirls are cool and all but let’s be honest, God Orb card with an Orb and a Swirl? Hottest thing, right up there with swirls and orbs nay, even better than swirls and orbs.

10 Likes

Wow the planetary orb is so befitting here, since Clefable is allegedly an extraterrestial Pokemon. :blush:

5 Likes

Love an orb!

Here’s one of my favorites, it almost looks like a setting sun:

34 Likes

Blub

23 Likes

WOW! absolutely love this one. Adds to the overall flair of the card.

4 Likes

Some Pokeball action

12 Likes

Bark at the Moon

30 Likes

Looked through my own stuff and ig Greninja really just wants the orb

5 Likes

How do we feel about this one?

10 Likes

Swirls are cool, but I think it takes a bit more for an orb to be really special. These are neat!

4 Likes

they’re both screaming at the orb :skull:

5 Likes

Great thread idea! My Flygon is leaving an orb trail!

11 Likes

I imagined a little fairy protecting it’s trainer.

3 Likes

Mew is doing sit-ups on a balance ball

25 Likes

Too bad this one wasn’t a little more to the right

6 Likes