1st Edition Fossil Packs

Hello everybody, I recently purchases these three packs from an eBay seller who is active on this forum. When I received these packs, I saw some holes on the sides that I do not remember from my times of collecting these packs. Their original listing did not show these holes and I made sure to examine the pictures before bidding.

When confronted about this damage and the items not being mint as the listing described, the seller said “Get educated on the hobby. You have no idea how stupid you sounds right now it’s almost comical.” and to “Ask 100 people on there and see yourself be wrong.” there being this forum.

I have been collecting for some time and am not a “Just another fly by night person trying to get into pokemon after 20+ years I’m sure.” as the seller claimed. However, I have never seen these holes in any of the packs I own (even base packs). So here is my question, am I really wrong in wanting to return these for not being new and mint as the seller described? I am not unreasonable, and if this is truly normal, I will keep them and just chalk it off as something new I learned today.

Another good tidbit from the wonderful seller :grin: “Request the refund and never buy from me again and I will put the word out on E4 so every pokemon ebay seller will know to not sell to you.”

2 Likes

I have 3 packs of 1st Edition Fossil and after looking at mine, none of them have the holes on the side shown in your pictures. Others might have a different experience but I looked through my sealed packs (25 in total from Base-Gym Challenge) and not a single one has the holes on the side.

I should add, I am not thinking they were searched. I am a sealed collector, so I just want mint sealed packs as the listing claimed.

Please name the seller so I know never to deal with them. Or PM me if that’s more comfortable for you. Thanks

1 Like

I recently opened some pack fresh 1st edition fossil from my booster box collection. I can confirm that these “marks/holes” are a normal occurrence and do appear in other Wizard of the Coast Pokémon packs.

I have seen them in Team Rocket and Base Set when buying packs off eBay. Why specifically they are there I’m not entirely sure. Someone else can hopefully tell you.

I don’t see it in the rules, but I would love to if it is not against the rules. These types of sellers are terrible to deal with.

1 Like

I’ve never noticed holes like that in packs but I’m definitely no expert on sealed packs. Regardless, the seller definitely didn’t handle that situation appropriately. If you were just concerned and they are correct in that small holes are normal they should have just politely educated you and pointed you toward another source if necessary. If they get that defensive and rude over the possibility of a return then they need to get off of ebay and go sell at the local flea market with an “all sales final” sign…

What an asshole BUT quite a few of my packs I got straight from my sealed booster box (fossil, jungle, base 2, rocket) have those holes I think it’s not uncommon

These also occur on Nintendo era boosters although the tend to be closer to seam.

Lets get some things straight.

I am the seller of these packs, have been selling Pokemon Product on ebay for 8 years now and have 99.9% positive feedback with 326* rating. Obviously I treat people right and do not scam anyone.

I am the one who physically opened the 1st edition fossil box and pulled these packs from the box and sent them. here are other pictures from the box and other packs from other series (gym heroes, gym challenge) that have the same marks.

The buyer also did not show the messages where he confronted and accused me on all sorts or scamming and what not.

I am surprised however how many people on here agreed with him and have never seen these factory marks on many WOTC packs so I will eat my words on that. But in no way have I or would I ever lie or scam anyone. These are booster box fresh packs with factory holes out of the box!

ibb.co/mzVvW0G

ibb.co/wLchVHF

ibb.co/MDZQv7B

ibb.co/7Y7zYvV

2 Likes

Yeah those holes are common in fossil packs. More prevalent than any other set I have open in terms of size. I wouldn’t be worried, those holes have a purpose - for air transport with pressure differences they will prevent the pack to explode (I believe).

I once asked the same questions as you did about those holes, it’s just normal if you never seen them before and when dealing with packs that are not 3$ each. You did well in ask but no need to have all the drama here, it won’t help anyone.

It was a good addition for sure to your collection :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for your help everyone :grin:. I learned something new and will definitely be keeping them.

When suspecting any card or item of being fraudulent or a scam it’s best to not point any fingers unless you are 100% certain. Nobody needs to be blocked or treated harshly here. I get it, you felt scammed and I get it on behalf of the seller, he feels mistreated by the uninformed. Teaching those who may not know something is what it’s all about. The packs are legit, context is everything, and both the seller and the OP can now rest easy and move on. Be kind fellas.

1 Like

I admit i handled the situation very poorly. I know it is n o excuse but there has been so many problems on EBAY lately with the false claims and returns with no reasoning and this situation just made me snap a bit because it the packs were from a sealed booster box that i opened myself.

I want to say i am sorry to the buyer and did let him know the refund is still an option if he would like but i admit no wrong doing.

I am not a scammer and have never scammed or lied to anyone buying anything from me.

Again sorry for making myself look terrible and possibly turn off a newer collector from entering the hobby. @karvkee ,

6 Likes

@karvkee, you should have asked this question BEFORE you accused the seller of scamming. If it was me, Bruno would be knocking on your door about now;)

@garyis2000, I did not know this forum existed. That’s why I asked as soon as I found out about you wonderful people :grin:. The only thing I accused the seller of is not showing this damage (now knowing its not damage) and not sending exactly what he pictured when he claims “I DO NOT OFFER RETURNS OR REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON! I TAKE PICTURES OF THE EXACT ITEM I AM SENDING”.

Here is the listing: “https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-1st-Edition-Fossil-Booster-Pack-x3-All-ArtWorks-FREE-SHIPPING-NO-RESERVE-/264272559203?nma=true&si=Yu63L%2BrvGX9CELsBmMtqwwjwgt8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Like I said, I am keeping these.

@karvkee,

Hey look i already wrote a post and apologized and said if you want a refund still i would issue one.

I admit i snapped a bit and should not have acted that way or said those things to you. I am only human. I did say in the listing IF YOU EVER HAVE A QUESTION, WANT A BETTER DESCRIPTION OR WANT EXTRA PICTURES BEFORE PURCHASE JUST ASK. I ALWAYS RESPOND WITHIN 24 HOURS OR SOONER. so you could have asked BEFORE purchase or even BEFORE payment.

I was just upset because it seems like more and more lately things on EBAY are getting worse for sellers and i am dealing with a lot more headaches than ever before. I have not had a negative review in over 8 years on EBAY and now this year I got my first along with other scams and things other sellers deal with much more than me as i am just a small seller. I should have not taken it out on you.

Just please dont smear my name anymore as i did nothing wrong with the listing, shipping or items sent so please accept the refund or accept the packs and end this.

Again im sorry for the way i acted and snapped.

@mysterydungeongaming, I am keeping them. We’re good. Thank you for selling them to me.

Holes are common on wotc packs
Cant believe the amount of ppl who were bashing the seller so early with little to no knowledge. Shame on you.

1 Like