1st Edition Base Set Printing Error? Help Needed!!

Hey Guys,
So recently I bought this 1st edition Base Set Zapdos. After looking over it I noticed there’s a perfect circle on the card to the right of the word “Resistance”. It’s not indented into the card, and can only really be seen when moving the card side to side. It glimmers in the light, like the holo, and is a perfect “0”.

I would think that maybe its’s a scratch that is just revealing the holo underneath if it wasn’t for the fact that its a perfect circle. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

edit: Will it also effect the grade if sent in??

2 Likes

Just a random printing defect. Nothing of real value.

Yup, just a normal printing error. There are all sorts of weird ones.

It certainly won’t increase the value of your card.

It is possible that it could affect the grading, but it also might not. I have seen PSA 10 cards with weird printing defects (I have a PSA 10 base set card with a nice pink dot on its back, for example), but usually everything else about the card needs to be super crisp in order to maintain the 10.

Lol I don’t care about it increasing the value, I’m not one of those guys who thinks anything wrong with a card makes it a gold mine!

Just want to make sure it won’t effect the grade :blush: but thank you!

It is supposed to affect the grade but if it gets overlooked it won’t. But then, I wouldn’t be happy with the seller if I paid a 10 price.

1 Like

A 9 is fine with me haha. Not hoping for a 10 with that mark being there.

Maybe a 9(PD)? That’d be nice

Sent a base set clefairy in a little while ago with a large 1/4inch square or so of missing ink (holo pattern was showing through). Card got a 9 with no PD, so I wouldn’t count on it.

A 9PD would be cool:)

I was looking through some cards and noticed that “0” and it reminded me of this post. Looks very similar to your Zapdos “0” right above the “u” in Raichu.

1 Like

that holo is also slightly misaligned

4 Likes

Haha, yeah cool. I hadn’t even noticed!

If graded do you think that would deduct from the grade at all?

I’m having it graded :blush: but it has that classic bad 1st Ed raichu corners so I’m not sure if we will know for sure either way as that will already lower the grade.

1 Like

no not at all.