1st Edition Base Set Booster Box Sold for 55K?

A new high? I looked on WatchCount.com and it said 55K was accepted.

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-1st-Edition-English-Base-Set-Booster-Box-WOTC-Factory-Sealed/292368460307?hash=item441284aa13:g:oe0AAOSwVA5aMB9s

1 Like

He missed out on an extra $10K cause he let a $65K offer expire from the exact same seller who ended up paying him $55K. X.X

1 Like

Wow…crazy.

I believe it shows both sent and received offers, so it could have been his offer to the buyer.

4 Likes

Dat trolling… I never imagined there was that many trolls/lowballers on a Best Offer listing. I don’t even know if that 5 feedback buyer is legit. I have my doubts, because in this current market you can probably buy a box for $40-45k.

Does any of you guys know that seller so we can confirm the sale?

Lol, can’t believe I didn’t think of that, I always wondered why so many expired offers are higher than accepted offers.

I know him personally so I will ask him if it went through

So he got 55k for it and the buyer also gave him a green wing base booster box and a 1st ed Neo genesis box

2 Likes

So closer to $48K than $55K

You misread his post. The buyer gave the booster boxes on top of the $55k. Wow. Crazy. :open_mouth:

1 Like

chris said buyer paid 55k plus those boxes

2 Likes

Oh yeah, so $60kish all up.

Not bad.

But it feels a little low considering 9 months ago one allegedly sold for $50K you’d think it would be higher.

Most other WotC boxes have doubled in price.

Why are you always trolling in these kind of threads? 5 months ago a box sold for $54k and you had a lot of shit to say about how it was the worst investment one could ever make.

I honestly expected the next one to sell for slightly lower tbh, especially in the current market conditions. $60k+ is impressive. In my eyes anyway. :blush:

Really not trolling, like I said back then he should have been putting his money into crypto because he admitted he didn’t care that much for the box or hobby and was treating it purely as an investment.

And I was right, idk what to tell you. I also said cheaper boxes were better to pick up as well.

If he had bought the box THIS year, after all the media attention around crypto I’d be singing a different tune because the contagion of bitcoin’s bear positions gives me a great deal of doubt about the short-term future of crypto.

I genuinely thought that the box would be more 6 months later.

Investing in crypto would have been such a great idea. How ironic…

I don’t see the irony.

Collectables are a great investment vehicle but the guy who made the YouTube video overpaid for something he wasn’t familiar with when there were better options available inside and outside Pokémon.

I honestly didn’t care what he did with his money until the point when he had to drill home how much of a good investment it was and emphasise the monetary aspect (especially when there were better options). I felt like it cheapened the whole video and journey.

This actually makes me search the sold listing on Ebay
That 54K box sold 5 months ago seems to not go through since you cannot find it in the sold items
I know there has been a youtube video about it but somehow the transaction was never completed, at least according to EBay Record

Sold listings only go back 3 month.

Funny thing is the guy that just bought this one was just starting to collect. Those boxes he traded in was the only thing “pokemon” he had. Haha must be nice to have that kinda money to start your collection off with a 1st ed base box.

1 Like

But I also thought the box would go for less due to the current situation of the market.