1st edition base box on ebay

About a week ago I thought I seen a 1st Edition Base box on Ebay and the asking price was $100,000. I checked again and wanted to “watch” the auction, but I can’t seem to find it. Searched for completed auctions but it disappeared. Did anyone else see it? Maybe it’s just my ole eyes playing tricks on me.

I remember that box. I’m guessing it probably sold privately or the seller just decided to take down the listing. In these cases, it doesn’t show for either sold or completed. It’s gone. :blush:

Are you talking about this relic:

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-1st-Edition-English-Base-Set-Booster-Box-WOTC-Factory-Sealed/292368460307?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1 Like

ooh that’s the one…

Thanks Styluspt. Now I put it on my watch list. Don’t know if the market is ready at that price considering the last box sold two months ago for $55k.

It’s best offer… The seller is clearly not expecting that kind of price on a $40-50k box. I’m surprised no one made an offer on it though.

it’s a trustworthy seller. I’ve bought from seller before. probably a legit box. if only I had that kind of money sitting in my bank at the moment…