1st Ed. Typhlosion 17 Error and Holo Bleed

I recently purchased a 1st ed typhlosion 17 and found a couple things interesting while inspecting it closer. Any info on this would be a huge help. On the bottom left of the card it has an inkblot error under the “weakness”. Looks like a black dot error and no its not a smudge its printed onto the card. Then as I looked closer I saw that there is holo bleed on the borders on the card (on the yellow borders) that travels all around the borders if you look closely in the pictures you can make out the holo pattern. Its feint but if you have it in hand you can clearly see its the holo patterns and stars but only on the borders. I guess the yellow makes it pop more. Has anyone ever seen these two things on a card before? I heard the typhlosion comes with a red dot error but I never heard of a black dot error or a border holo bleed for this card. Thanks

imgur.com/a/9QTokTq

2 Likes

So im not sure if its an acknowledged error or not, but a friend here posted about theirs which held the same issue you mentioned (which i too have a copy of and commented on):
www.elitefourum.com/t/quick-ink-dot-question-grading-a-wotc-holo/25618/1
That being said, the second issue of the “holo bleed” aspects I havent seen with Typhlsion, but I know its been a common theme throughout certain cards in the printing process from those days to where some cards held that issue. Some people really prefer having the holo bleed, others see it as a neutral issue, and as for myself im in that latter category. I cant speak of this affecting value of it in any way, but I can say the above and regardless its an awesome card if you ask me! (and one of my most favored pokemon!)
Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that! Yea I find it more interesting too that it has both the black dot and holobleed. I had no idea a black dot existed. Thanks again!

@sartzcharz, no problem! I found it funny when I received my raw copy way, way back and originally thought it was a pen or sharpie mark, only to see someone else here found the same issue on their copy which made us all see it had to be some sort of printing mishap. But yeah its all normal for the card so nothing major with each issue, and youre very welcome! Enjoy it!!

1 Like

@sartzcharz ,@dizzle24 , - Same error for a freshly opened T17. The dot size and placement is in the exact spot mine is.

I took a photo with my microscope. See similarity in ink appearance with the printed text on the card.

imgur.com/PAsutsc
imgur.com/ZpP39z1
imgur.com/1Kb65jM - (Microscope Pic)

Do you think that the card graded poorly from the black dot?

1 Like

Im sure it can still grade gem mint! So nothing to worry about!

Mine has it too caimages.collectors.com/psaimages/25486/27348567/27348567_original.jpg
That being said, this thread is almost a year old please don’t bump old threads even if they are your own @sartzcharz www.elitefourum.com/t/the-rules-read-here-first/14022/1

1 Like

I understand. I didnt realize it was from august. Some people dont have much time to sign into their account every single deay and I happened to sign in and respond to someone without looking at the date. You could delete the thread if it makes things easier but Im still going to respond to someone if I see they responded to me no matter how old the thread is. Ill help in any way I can. But ill look out for the dates next time.