$1700 HEAVY 1st Edition Base Set Pack Find Turned Into a W (BACK FROM PSA)

Several months ago a seller listed a 1st edition Base Set pack for sale on Mercari. In the listing they had multiple photos of the pack, one of which included the pack on a scale showing a weight of 21g.

With the original asking price being around $7,000 USD, it was too much of a risk buying something like this with little to no protection.

Last month the seller, with no context or reason, lowered it to $1,700. Without thinking twice, I jumped on it.

Today the pack came in the mail. After I inspected it, I noticed the crimp on one end felt and looked off. It was slightly crusty and I started suspecting a reseal, even though the pack weighed 21g with my scale as well. I thought maybe it was a clever reseal, using modern cards, imitating the weight.

Not wanting to run into any risk and to make sure the pack was legitimate, I knew I had to open it. Luckily it paid off! :raised_hands:t2::sunglasses:

83 Likes

Looks like it could be a BGS 10, better centered & cleaner than some PSA 10s I’m seeing.

2 Likes

Bravo…Froggy boi for life.

2 Likes

I think Im gonna need you to open all my 1st edition base packs for me :rofl: What amazing luck!

3 Likes

Stay tuned to see if PSA will give me a 6 or a 8 for this beaut!

14 Likes

Maybe an 8.5 :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Congrats on that huge W. Looks like a 10 candidate for sure.

2 Likes

Awesome! That was worth it!!

2 Likes

What is with you and pulling starters?

jk congrats thats super awesome

2 Likes

How do you get it shipped from Mercari Japan to America?

Using Buyee I assume?

Base 1st, max it can get is a 7 these days. Cgc for the win. Probs a pristine.

3 Likes

Also Venusaur, best card in base set. What a great experience, congrats!

Buyee, Neokyo, Zenmarket, there are several proxies :slight_smile:

1 Like

The true holy grail! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats mate :smiley:

You took the risk and you earned it now :smiley:

1 Like

That’s super clean!! Definitely deserves a high grade! So I expect PSA to give it a 8 :joy:

2 Likes

DAMN! What a win! Congrats bro! Super sick to get that pull! Literally paid for the entire purchase EASY!

1 Like

Definitely a good hit!

1 Like

This is what I love to see in this hobby! Congrats! :partying_face:

1 Like

Lost the battle, but the war continues.

21 Likes